Chapala.com Webboard

Immigration qualifying amounts for 2015

Intercasa

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I am finding myself confused once again since I see another forum that is bringing up birth certificates having them aposilled translated into Spanish. For the temporary residency do I need any of this. I did all of that for Ecuador and it was done in Spanish at that time by a lawyer. If I did have to do this can I use those that are already done. Do I need a criminal records check that was done a year ago also. Is that for citizenship or something different. I want to make sure that I am aware of everything before I go to Mexican consulate in Ecuador. Is there any one on this forum that has come from Ecuador.

Annabell,

Contact the Mexican Embassy in Quito at: embajadamexecuador@sre.gob.mx

They set the requirements, especially for police reports/criminal records checks. Many many Mexican Consulates do NOT require this for Residente Temporal applications. A few do.

Ignore what you read on forums, and follow the Mexican Embassy in Ecuador's instructions:
"Please contact the embassy in Quito directly for inquiries and questions regarding visa regulations and passport requirements."

I contacted the Mexican embassy in Quito and they said to me for temporary visa I had to have $2500. in income or $100,000 in savings or investment. That is not what I wanted to hear. It seems strange that they are not up to date on it. I sent them an email back saying that was the old amount and now it was $1500.00 and $25,000 In investment or savings. Also asked about birth certificate and the cost at their end when I see them. I want to be prepared.

Print and send them this and go and stop posting here and get it done!

http://www.dof.gob.mx/nota_to_doc.php?codnota=5363602paginas 16 - 17

Trámite 5

Visa de Residencia Temporal

Caso en el que se presenta:

Aplicable a personas extranjeras que pretendan internarse a México en la condición de estancia de residente temporal con el objeto de permanecer por un tiempo mayor a 180 días y no mayor que 4 años.

Fundamento jurídico:

Artículos 1, 3, fracciones I, VI, XI, XIV, XIX, XXIII y XXXI; 16, fracciones II y III; 21, fracciones I y IV; 35, 37, fracción II; 39, fracción II; 40, fracción IV; 41, 43, 52, fracción VII, VIII y IX; 55, 56, 63, 126, 127, 129 y 130 de la Ley y artículos 1, 2, 102, 107, 111, 112 y 113 del Reglamento.

Presentación:

Formato de solicitud de visa ante la oficina consular.

Lugar donde se presenta:

Oficinas consulares de México.

Monto de los derechos:

Los previstos en el Artículo 22 de la Ley Federal de Derechos por la expedición de la visa.

Las oficinas consulares cobrarán los derechos en la moneda del país que autorice la Secretaría de Hacienda y Crédito Público.

Plazo máximo para resolver el trámite:

10 días hábiles.

Vigencia máxima de la visa:

180 días.

Entradas permitidas:

Una.

Excepciones al Artículo 15-A de la Ley Federal de Procedimiento Administrativo:

Los señalados en las fracciones I, III, IV incisos a y c, numerales 2, 3 y 4; incisos d, e y f del apartado de requisitos.

Requisitos:

I. Pasaporte o documento de identidad y viaje que sea válido conforme al derecho internacional y vigente, en original y copia;

II. Una fotografía con el rostro visible y sin anteojos, a color, tamaño pasaporte, cuyas medidas deberán ser como mínimo de 32.0 milímetros x 26 milímetros y como máximo de 39.0 milímetros x 31.0 milímetros, con fondo blanco y de frente;

III. Original y copia del documento que acredite su legal estancia, si la persona extranjera no es nacional del país donde solicita la visa, y

IV. Presentar los documentos que acrediten alguno de los siguientes supuestos:

a. Solvencia económica:

1. Original y copia de comprobante de inversiones o cuentas bancarias con saldo promedio mensual equivalente a cinco mil días de salario mínimo general vigente en el Distrito Federal, durante los últimos doce meses; o

2. Original y copia de los documentos que demuestren que cuenta con empleo o pensión con ingresos mensuales libres de gravámenes mayores al equivalente de trescientos días de salario mínimo general vigente en el Distrito Federal, durante los últimos seis meses.

Above, 5,000 days minimum wage is under $23,000US, income of 300 days is under $1,400US a month

They are dense there at the consulate in Ecuador, you arent the first person where I have printed out the law as the consulate people didnt know it and should have.

The problem of SRE offices like Embassies and Consulates not knowing INM rules (a different govt. agency) is surprisingly common, in Canada and the USA too.

The same thing happens with the US State Department and her Consulates & Embassies, where US State Dept. employees and US Ambassadors generally do not know CIS (INS) rules or Homeland Security rules, and US State Dept. employees/Ambassadors also do not know US CBP rules.

This all goes to show that around the world, it's best for us to find the correct govt. agency and learn the rules for ourselves, and not trust the mistaken advice of other related government agency clerks.

Inside Mexico figures are

http://www.chapalalaw.com/immigration-2/

DIFFERENT RULES FOR VISAS APPLIED FOR IN COUNTRY AT THE NATIONAL IMMIGRATION INSTITUTE (INAMI)

To qualify for the temporary visa they must show a monthly income of 400 times the minimum wage (for 2015 it is 70.10 pesos) or 28,040 pesos or $1,907 US dollars using an exchange rate of 14.7 to 1 (using December 29, 2014 exchange rate). This must be documented with 6 months bank statements. People who have liquid assets may qualify showing that they have maintained an average balance of 20,000 times the minimum wage (for 2015 it is 70.10 pesos) or 1,402,000 pesos or $95,374 US dollars using an exchange rate of 14.7 to 1 (using December 29, 2014 exchange rate). This must be documented with 12 months bank statements.

To qualify for the permanent visa they must show a monthly income of 500 times the minimum wage (for 2015 it is 70.10 pesos) or 35,050 pesos or $2,384 US dollars using an exchange rate of 14.7 to 1 (using December 29, 2014 exchange rate). This must be documented with 6 months bank statements. People who have liquid assets may qualify showing that they have maintained an average balance of 25,000 times the minimum wage (for 2015 it is 70.10 pesos) or 1,752,000 pesos or $119,217 US dollars using an exchange rate of 14.7 to 1 (using December 29, 2014 exchange rate). This must be documented with 12 months bank statements.

Hi everyone,

Here is my question...I read somewhere that if you owned a property ( house ) it could be use as financial asset when applying for Permanent Resident, True or False ?

If it is true...how much would have to be the property value ?

Many thanks!

False, only taken into account for temporary resident and even then they are hesitant to apply it in many cases

If applying for pre-approval at a MX consulate, home ownership in Mexico has carried considerable weight with my clients. To go from a TR to PR in less than 4 years when financials are required at the local INM here in SMA, home ownership has no weight as they only consider pension sourced income.

saludos

Sonia

If applying for pre-approval at a MX consulate, home ownership in Mexico has carried considerable weight with my clients. To go from a TR to PR in less than 4 years when financials are required at the local INM here in SMA, home ownership has no weight as they only consider pension sourced income.

saludos

Sonia

He didn´t mention a house in Mexico so I assume he meant a house in his home country.

• 1 month later...

Has Immigration changed the ruling about amounts necessary to change over from Temporal to Permanente to equal what the consulates are requiring?
If not, I wonder if people are going out of the country and starting over.

Has Immigration changed the ruling about amounts necessary to change over from Temporal to Permanente to equal what the consulates are requiring?

If not, I wonder if people are going out of the country and starting over.

First sentence, answer is: NO".

Second sentence, answer is: "YES".

saludos

Sonia

If your Residante Temporal visa will complete four years, you may convert to Permanente without proofs, assuming that you were on FM2 status prior to Temporal and have no breaks in your visas. We did that.

Check with Spencer for details.

If your Residante Temporal visa will complete four years, you may convert to Permanente without proofs, assuming that you were on FM2 status prior to Temporal and have no breaks in your visas. We did that.

Check with Spencer for details.

I came in directly as Temporal, hubby as Permanente.

This fall will only be my 2nd renewal and I'm borderline on the financial requirements.

I will have to call Spencer to see how we can arrange for me to get my Permanente and stop this renewals bit.

If your husband has Residente Permanente status, I think that you can apply for equal status under vincula familiar rules. Spencer will know for sure.

Your other option is to renew for the entire remaining time on the temporal visa and let nature take its course until it is time for permanente.

2 years as economic dependent of permanente will get you permanente no financials.

Archived