Chapala.com Webboard

Richard's Restaurant

border crosser

We had a lovely anniversary meal at Richard's last night. The ambiance, the service and the food were all excellent. Thanks Laura and Hugh!

I would be curious to know if you had been to the original Richards. If so, can you give us a comparison ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was a frequent diner at Richard's when Richard and Ros were running it, and have dined numerous times since Hugh and Laura took over. They have retained the original recipes and dedication to service and added their own very positive energy and flair. If anyone has not yet tried Richard's recently, you owe it to yoirself to go. An added bonus is their understanding of food allergies, and willingness to accomodate such.

• 5 months later...

They've got an ad in today's Reporter... I'll be heading there tomorrow for steak and mushroom pie, I will.

ADDENDUM Monday July 20: I got my steak and mushroom pie, and it was so worth it. Served with an interesting carrot/curry soup. Ordered the shrimp pil pil appetizer as well; a tad spicy for my friend, but perfectly cooked large shrimp. The pie was delicious: I'm eating the leftovers now. For dessert, the Chocolate Pot always scores big with chocolate lovers, because it's so rich... and Laura's latest ice-cream experiment, salted caramel, was so smooth, and perhaps the best ice-cream I've had here.

Archived