Chapala.com Webboard

Shingles Vaccine

Floradude

The Shingles Vaccine became available in Mexico in December.

On Thursday the 22nd. of January the vaccine will be given at the LCS. The cost is $2,300 pesos. You pay when you receive the shot.

Best if you go to the office and sign up for the shot ....so they can order sufficient doses of the vaccine.

Walk-ins will be accepted but only if there is extra vaccine available.

Information available on Chapala.com

The Shingles Vaccine became available in Mexico in December.

On Thursday the 22nd. of January the vaccine will be given at the LCS. The cost is $2,300 pesos. You pay when you receive the shot.

Best if you go to the office and sign up for the shot ....so they can order sufficient doses of the vaccine.

Walk-ins will be accepted but only if there is extra vaccine available.

Information available on Chapala.com

Be careful. Just because this is marketed for "your own good." Suggest you do some research on this vaccine before anyone decides to get it.

Look at this vaccine and its effectiveness. How likely are you to get shingles??? How effective is this vaccine???? I had a rare case of shingles when I was 18. I can attest that even a small case of this hurts. Not telling you to not get it but study the issue. I would do this for any vaccine nowadays. I think I would invest in a Hep A and B vaccine before a shingles vaccine down here in order of importance. Don't get your medical advice from some poor clod like me do your own research and make an intelligent decision perfect for you.

Basic Medicare does not cover drugs ....Shingles Vaccine. You have to have a secondary/supplemental policy. Living full time

in Mexico means not having this coverage for most of us.

I got my Shingles Vaccine while shopping at McAllen Texas at Costco. It cost $194 USD and I thought it was well spent.

Boy that vaccine is expensive there. In Canada it's $20 and it's only 50% effective.

My info has it at about $185 CDN in Ontario; where is it $20???

Agree they do say it is 50% effective, still, better to have that protection than none.

Look at this vaccine and its effectiveness. How likely are you to get shingles???

I know 6 people that have had Shingles here in the area, it is getting more common.

I wonder if you ever had chicken pox as an adult, what your chances are getting shingles.

I also paid almost $200 in Canada at the Health Clinic..where would you get it for $20?? BTW, after our friend had shingles for over 3 months on her face and neck, she begged all her friends to get the vaccination as she said she would never want anyone to go through what she did.

The star article was pretty much one sided and emotional. Study the issue of live virus for example. Study the issue of effectiveness. Study the issue of adjunctants (sp) than make a decision. Just because your friend gets it terrible doesn't mean you will get it and the vaccine is not that effective. I know what shingles feels like I had it when I was young. I have not made up my mind on getting the shot and yes I know I can get shingles again. Study medical issues yourself !! You are personally responsible for your own care and education and study is part of the process. Don't act on fear but knowledge.

Archived