Chapala.com Webboard

Cell Phone Messages

hensley

That's not at all the message I received which clearly states in Spanish that the Uno Noticias service was cancelled. So far it's been effective on my phone.

Yes, the message to each of us clearly states that the service has been cancelled, and yet I... like bmh and others... continue to receive unotv notices. Late at night. Christmas night, for Pete's sake. Maybe it takes some time for the cancellation to kick in after the message has been recognized.

I get the news on my phone, my husband gets jokes. The jokes are usually corny as can be, but we have fun trying to figure them out.

And I skim the news and have actually learned a few things.

If we ever decide they are too annoying we'll go to Telcel centro de atencion de clientes and ask for assistance if we can't figure out what to do.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I read on one page you send BOR as in borrar. Its been a long time since I did it but have not had any spam in a year

Telcel started spamming me daily with SMS messages long time ago. All the messages were coming from 2525. I thought it would stop if I didn't respond, but no luck so far. I did some research and it appears that I need to cancel my profile with the service.

To do so, send the message BOR to 2525 (BOR is short for BORRAR, to delete). It will send a confirmation message, asking you to confirm with BOR SI or deny with BOR NO. After I sent BOR SI, I got a response stating that my profile has been eliminated. Hopefully that will stop the spam.

and here is some graphic info at this link below. you may need to use the pdf magnify option the pdf is hard to read my eyes are shot

http://www.ideastelcel.com/pdf/chat_ideas.pdf

Archived