Chapala.com Webboard

El Negro Tattoo parlor in Chapala

Chop

• 1 month later...

@ sandrita...hola..yes they hurt. In comparison to many things not too much. The hurt level depends where you get the tattoo and size etc. None of mine hurt so bad I would cry or anything. One I had on back of shoulder I almost fell asleep..LOL.

I have not had my tats at El Negro but in Ixtapa/Zihuatenejo. This year will be the first year I will get one by another artist, El Negro as not going to Ixtapa this year.

My husband says they hurt a lot, men such babies..hehehe.

They say some tattoo artists have a heavy hand and others light. I have no comparisons but wil let you know when I do. I am due for my 6th year survivor tattoo in May.

Anything that makes you bleed, hurts. My first tattoo was of a beautiful bird taking off in flight. My outraged mom asked me what I thought it would look like when I was old. I said, "A beautiful bird landing."

My mom has worked at the VA for years, seeing a constant stream of wrinkled old vets with old, wrinkled tattoos. When she saw my first one she had a similar question. "Don't you know ugly that's going to look when you're 80?" My response, then and now, do you honestly think I'm going to give a crap what I look like when I'm 80?

I have 6 tattoos and Negro did 5 of them. My husband has 2 also by Negro. My son and his fiance have 2 each done by Negro. Obviously we highly recommend him. As bezerk said the pain level depends on where you get it done. The only one that hurt me was on my lower leg. Extremities are painful. There is a chart you can look at that shows pain levels.

Is this artist's name Martin? Sounds like the one that I went to about 8 years ago. Had his shop on the street a block up from the plaza in Chapala. Got 3 tattoos from him. If it's the same one he is indeed an artist.

Are comparable quality tattoos generally cheaper to get here as opposed to NOB?

Gosh yes. My daughter figures between 50 to 75% cheaper, depending. El Negro charged $3,000 pesos for her original design (12"-tall leg tattoo) with his suggestions added; it would have cost her probably $750 at home.

Archived