Chapala.com Webboard

Yoga

latraviesa

I highly recommend the Drishti center. The prices are very reasonable. I usually opt for an unlimited monthly class which is normally $600 pesos, but Ana often offers promotions through the year. You can also pay for a drop in class or by passes for 5 or 10 classes. They have a wide variety of classes they offer, from very gentle to extremely challenging. And the best part is the incredible cadre of instructors at Drishti. They are all highly qualified, talented and inspiring.

I don't think there is any other studio lakeside that offers this variety of classes as well as so many classes each week.

• 2 weeks later...

May I second the Drishiti center? The instructors I have used (Ana, Gabby, Oly, Ricardo) are highly knowledgeable and actually observe students and correct postural and other mistakes. They are patient and are nothing like tho bikram yoga meanies. They are great for all age and experience levels, and work well with people with serious injuries and disabilities.

There isn't shame if you pass gas in class. (inevitable.)

And their interior is beautiful.....a dark wood floor and brick paneled wall. They have all the mats and gear you need. Just bring water and a towel. Check out their website for their full schedule.

Their class selection is well rounded and extensive. Gentle yoga to that intense Ashtanga, to Pilates, to stretching, etc.

I haven't done price comparisons, and have no idea where their prices are relative to the others, but they are reasonable, and given the beauty and quiet energy of the studio, and very high quality of the instructors, it's worth every cent. Their careful focus on back injury prevention (Especially in the classes by Ana and Gabby, which are designed for core strength) have been a lifesaver for me. Other yoga classes I tried before never brought that to my attention, and I'd quit rapidly as I'd be in so much pain, and not knowing why, and thus wouldn't want to return.

There is no ego there, and I've met some really nice people.

And no, nobody is paying me to write this! Going to that place has really made a change in a devastating spine injury and done wonders for my morale. Plus, I can almost fit into my "skinny" jeans once again. (very important for women to fit into their clothing!)

First class is free!

Based on the reviews above, I stopped by the Drishti Centre twice since being in town and they have been closed both times despite schedule posted on their website...anyone know what it going on or if there is a slimmed-down holiday schedule? Could really use some stretching!

Fee wee, give it a try. It's a great place, but I must admit my frustration that they don't post a schedule of closed days either on their website (either consistently, or in advance enough so one can plan accordingly.). They also don't hang a sign on the door for closures, which would be a big help as sometimes people who are unaware of closures show up to a closed studio. And not everyone wants to check the website every few weeks to see if there are closures. Other than that, it's a very special place.

Guest bennie2

where is this place on roman corona? near the lake or up the hill? is it very cold inside? the floresta place is open 1/2 outside, so cant go there. looking for single classes, not early morn.

The Drishti Center is NOT on Ramon Corona in Ajijic. It is on Lloyd Allen Drive in San Antonio, just north of the first stoplight going east from Walmart. Turn north there as though you are going to Lakeside Little Theatre, El Parque gated community, Loyola School, or the San Antonio panteón. It's on your left, a couple of doors behind the papelería that sits on that corner, but before you get to El Parque.

http://www.drishticenter.com/

Guest bennie2

will call them if theres a phone # (?) wanted a place i could walk too this may not be convenient. im sure its bitter cold that what expats like. (even for yoga). i may have to wait untill later, but they may close as its "off season". sounds like a nice place worth checking out.

Archived