Chapala.com Webboard

Rony Chocolat

jguerin

For those in Chapala, he also sells his chocolate in the large consignment shop on Morelos 3-4 blocks down from Francisco Madero on the south side of the street. Sorry, don't remember the name of the shop. And at the handmade chocolate shop in the gallery on Colon 2 blocks south of the plaza.

Rony, this is a bit off-topic but still candy related. My granddaughter LOVED some peppermint candies I brought from the states. They were VERY pepperminty in flavor. I keep buying the Mexican-made peppermints but they seem to have almost no peppermint flavor ... just sugar and a teeniest hint of mint. As a candy maker, do you know where I can find some really good peppermints??

Rony, this is a bit off-topic but still candy related. My granddaughter LOVED some peppermint candies I brought from the states. They were VERY pepperminty in flavor. I keep buying the Mexican-made peppermints but they seem to have almost no peppermint flavor ... just sugar and a teeniest hint of mint. As a candy maker, do you know where I can find some really good peppermints??

I bought peppermint in Guadalajara once and mixed it with dark chocolate but, as you said,....... not enough peppermint flavor, and therefore, it was not a success. Sorry, I have no idea. Maybe at the Mercado de Abastos in Guadalajara (I bought mine in Guadalajara centro).

Rony

I bought peppermint in Guadalajara once and mixed it with dark chocolate but, as you said,....... not enough peppermint flavor, and therefore, it was not a success. Sorry, I have no idea. Maybe at the Mercado de Abastos in Guadalajara (I bought mine in Guadalajara centro).

Rony

Yeah, I am really just wanting the simple hard candy peppermints. Had asked my daughter to bring some whe she visited recently from the states, but she forgot. Oh well, maybe next year.

Archived