Chapala.com Webboard

A heaftfelt thanks to Doctores Ladron and the other really

wonderful people at the Clinica Para Animales.

My wife and I lost our little Lola, a schnoodle, to congestive heart failure this morning after an eight day struggle to get better. She was with us eight years and of course it is heartbreaking. But,the care,concern and professionalism shown to us by those folks has been truly inspiring. Isabella meeting me at the clinic at 10:30 Friday night to stabilize Lola and then taking her to her own home to monitor her through the night. She also did the same thing Sunday night. I never once doubted the were doing everything medically possible to see if she could recover enough to be comfortable going forward.

We had decided last evening during another night of no sleep that today we would have the DR. put her down. We were struggling with the decision about how to treat that situation with her sister Trixie, as they have been inseparable for eight years. While we were getting things together his morning to call the vets and try to decide Lola went out to the backyard laid down and made it all much easier on everyone. Trixie was with her and knows what has happened and we didn't have to make that last sad trip.

Besides recognizing the wonderful care of DR.s Ladron, we wanted to let people here know, at some point soon, we will be looking for a new puppy as a companion for Trixie. Because we have three cats we believe they will accept a puppy and it will be an easier transition for all concerned. Keep us in mind if you have a litter or no of one with puppies that will be in the range of 20-30 lbs. We will, of course, be checking with all the local rescue facilities as well.

I am so sorry for your loss. What appears to be a young Mini Schnauzer mix (who gets along with cats and other dogs) is looking for a forever home.

<from a previous post>

Elaine at Ajijic Suites (on Hidalgo) rescued her but is not able to keep the dog. We are looking for her owner or a forever home.

Please contact Elaine at 766 1920

hotel_11.jpg

Last week a cardboard box containing 5 nursing puppies and their mom was thrown over the wall of a nearby field. They will all be needing homes in the future. Right now we cannot get close enough to see how large the pups are but are guessing around 3 weeks. We are feeding the mom but she won't let us anywhere near her babies. Mom is small, sandy color, short hair. Hopefully we will be able to reach the pups in about 5 weeks when they can go to a home.

Elevator I am so sorry for your loss.

Just a reminder....as our pets age and go to the rainbow bridge so do we. PLEASE make arrangements for your pets incase you go before they do. We all love our beloved pets and always want the best for them. Be sure you know who will care for them in case of your demise and be sure it is written AND some of your friends also know. If you love them you don't want them in an empty house or at a shelter.

Now I am getting off my soapbox.

Archived