Chapala.com Webboard

Looking for Set of Dishes

Seems our two sets for 8 have become pretty pitiful and it is time to replace them. I'd like to find a set with service for 10-12. Hoping someone is ready to get rid of a set they no longer use.

Planning a Christmas dinner and would like to have a nice looking table.

Send me a P.M. if you have a set that you'd like to sell.

Thanks,

Valerie :)

Try asking on this new facebook page ....https://www.facebook.com/groups/785666514831385/ this is a local buy, sell, barter and trade. I have a set of Franciscian Autumn leaves coming on later today.

Link doesn't work for me, Solajijic.

• 2 years later...

Beg barter buy & sell - Chapala     is a Facebook group and  its purpose is just what it says.  There seems to be one or more per metropolitan area and if you are so inclined you can wander around and find similar groups for Guadalajara, Telaquepaque, Zapopoan etc... and then specific population have them.  One of the best is the medical student population group which I can't remember the name of  they ell whole households of items and their vehicles.  

I tried to join this group,but told I couldn't unless I had a profile pic...so I added one.  Still not allowed to join!  I have no idea why, don't know the owners of the group, so don't know how I could have offended(?) anyone.  Boo-hoo...I would like to join...really.

• 4 months later...

If you did not find the dishes you wanted around Christmas,  I just posted a 65 pc set of fine white porcelain, gold band,  dinnerware for 12 with some serving pieces on Beg, Buy Barter & Sell.  The pattern is "Fountain" by Ciera, purchased in the U.S., used one time.  Perfect condition.  Similar to a Lenox pattern.   You can PM me from there if you are interested.  

We bought a very nice high quality complete set for 12 at Sam´s Club that are off white with a border for $2,000 pesos last Nov.  We had no luck locating a set of 12 at all the department stores. Cream and sugar and 2 large serving plate and bowl.

Archived