Chapala.com Webboard

Give Greta a New Home for Christmas

309owwl.jpgGreta is a beautiful platinum blonde German Shepherd who needs a new home. Her owners were in a horrific auto accident and had to go to the States. She's 6-7 years old, and a real love. She wants nothing more than to be inside with her people so doesn't need a big yard. She's great with people and fine with cats (her owners had two). Please call me and come out to see her; Priscilla 766-3493

She is about 80 pounds. She is totally house trained. I think she'll walk on a leash well, tho I've not had her out in the neighborhood. She will sit and lie down on command. There is no obligation if you want to just come see her! We happen to be in San Antonio in fact. Do call 766-3493

Congratulations Sandrita! I know Greta well and she has been through a lot with the loss of her family. She's incredibly sweet and loyal and bonds easily. She stayed with us for a few days but being thrown in with 8 big active dogs made her withdraw. She has great potential and with love and personal attention, she will blossom.

Here is an update on Greta. She is doing fine and getting along well with my other dog. We have been walking to the malecon every morniing and she is pretty good on the leash. She is getting brushed every day and this will be a daily ritual. So what if I have white hair all over my black clothes...small price to pay for such a wonderful girl. She is getting lots of attention and love and I think with time she will come out of her shell.

WE ALL LOVE GRETA!

Update on Greta: unnfortunately this has proved not to be the best environment for Greta as my little dog is very feisty.

She is a very sweet girl and is basically a 75# "velcro" dog. She just wants to lie down next to you and be petted.

Yesterday she had a bath and nails trimmed and they removed alot of her fur. I do brush her every day. You could make lots of beautiful sweaters!

For those who were interested in Greta, please call me at: 766-1923 or cell: 333-201-7096

Muchas gracias.

Greta update: a couple who were following this post on her came over yesterday and decided to take her. She will be the "only" dog which I think is a much better environment for her.

Please keep her in your prayers that this will be her VERY LAST HOME!

Thank you for trying to be her forever person. Thank you also for recognizing that it was not a good match and helping to find one that (hopefully) is. Greta will be the perfect dog for someone. Hope this home is it. Two people and one dog sounds like just what she needs, at least at this point.

Greta is with us in Ajijic and still a bit nervous, but it will be her last forever home and she will be spoiled and loved. And she also has a new set of Godparents to help us spoil her. She is enjoying the malecon and her own yard.

So happy to hear this. May you and Greta have many years of happiness together thank you!

Greta is with us in Ajijic and still a bit nervous, but it will be her last forever home and she will be spoiled and loved. And she also has a new set of Godparents to help us spoil her. She is enjoying the malecon and her own yard.

Please give her a big hug and kiss from me. She is such a wonderful creature and only deserves the best. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for giving her her "Forever Home!"

It ended well...and that's what really counts. So glad she's found her forever home. I'd take them all if I could.. I'm "down" to 10... It always amazes me how totally individual each one is. Even same sex, same age same breed.... the one common denominator is... they all need love and have love to give.

Happy New Year!

K

How wonderful! May you all and Greta have nothing but joy for all her years to come!

• 2 weeks later...

Greta update --

After 2 weeks, she has settled in. She has visited her godparents 2 x for dinner and once overnight which was hard for all of us, but she adjusted to their home too. She has a new bed and sometimes she will even use it She likes the gardener too She wants to thank everyone who was worried about her. What a nice dog!

Archived