Chapala.com Webboard

Christmas lights

gringal

Truly miscellaneous information: My husband's job at this time of year is to put up the phony tree and install the lights. My job is to put on the ornaments. So, he discovered yesterday evening that some of those crummy Walmart strings weren't working. This morning he went forth to Walmart and found them OUT OF LIGHTS. Determined, he went to Soriana, only to discover the same tragic situation.

This post is to let everyone know before they go on a fruitless chase of decor. I'm amazed that it happened so soon. :010: :010: :010:

Don't feel bad gringal. I bought 2 boxes of lights at Walmart less than a week ago and one didn't work. I ended up returning both. Not worth the money!

I ordered solar powered lights from Amazon and had a friend bring them in. Work perfectly and don't cost money to run them. i have a friend in Joco who says there are plenty of lights for sale there.

These are the tiny ones for a Chistmas tree? How much did they cost, por favor?

Prob with Walmart is most buy early, late November & lights that don't work & get taken back, unfortunately find their way back on to the shelves. Never buy if it looks like box has been re sellotaped etc as most likely to be returns. Chapala shops have loads at cheap prices.

A tianguis navideño in GDL will have anything you might possibly want. This article is from last year, but this year's offerings are similar. I know this is Guadalajara, but these Christmas markets are SO much fun: http://www.informador.com.mx/jalisco/2010/250030/6/en-guadalajara-se-instalaran-30-tianguis-navidenos-este-ano.htm The article mentions that there is a Christmas market in Tlajolmulco, not so far from Lakeside...

Here's an old article about the tianguis navideño that is in front of the Templo San José, on Alcalde:

http://mexicocooks.typepad.com/mexico_cooks/2007/12/tianguis-navide%C3%B1o-the-christmas-market-in-mexico.html

Archived