Chapala.com Webboard

Car inspection

Niki

I heard that the place on Colon in San Antonio no longer inspects your car. Does anybody have a suggestion where to have it done?

You mean smog test? Try Zaragoza #375, a few shops past corner of Degollado in Chapala

1850 pesos? They usually charge 250. Did the car not pass and work was done? There is enforcement when you get pulled over, they are or were a pass or dont pay so if no pass no pay and say adios amigos.

My truck didnt pass and I kept driving until I replced the MAP sensor.

I had no problem with place on Zaragoza 5 minutes top 250p

Same here. Perhaps the car required repair? I believe you are not obligated to have the testing station repair stuff, is that correct?

The news reports do say that like a lot of other stuff in this state, the emissions program is a failing wreck.

I had no problem with place on Zaragoza 5 minutes top 250p

Same here. Perhaps the car required repair? I believe you are not obligated to have the testing station repair stuff, is that correct?

The news reports do say that the emissions program is a failing wreck. Situation normal for Jalisco.

I thought I read that the emissions test sticker program was suspended due to irregularities, so no one has to do have an inspection. Of course, this was about a week after I got my sticker, big effort for nada.

As I said before ..probably my problem because I don't speak Spanish and did not realize I could drive away. I expected the 5 minute and 250 peso situation as I had read this a few times on this board and the vehicle only has 65000 km. He told me it did not pass and I needed a tune up. Come back in three hours and the cost would be 1850 and would include the sticker. This was the week before the article was in the Reporter saying that it really wasn't necessary to get the test anymore. Lesson learned!! I will not bother with this "test" again.

The program has been a huge failure. It is supposed to be revised for 2015. Who knows what form that will take. Sticker renewal months are based on the last digit of your license plate. I have mine renewed at Dalton Honda in Guad. No hassles or junk to deal with.

I am sure I will get flack for this but, I don't trust these bozos lakeside.

Archived