Chapala.com Webboard

Christmas gift to everyone with a Kindle or other eReader

ComputerGuy

Just got this message from Mikel Miller, a publisher friend of mine. I was involved in the book design; Xill Fessendon did the cover. Alex Grattan is the author.

"Season's greetings from Guadalajara, Mexico, a mile high in the mountains of western central Mexico. Hope all is well with you.
Here's a little holiday present for you: a FREE Kindle version of the award-winning novel "The Dark Side of the Dream." Just click the link to download it from Amazon, where it's free through Sunday, Dec. 14. You can learn more about the book and the author/screenwriter by going to his website, where you can see the book trailer and read the first chapter. I met him almost three years ago, and agreed to publish the eBook at EgretBooks.com based on the 1995 hardcover that was out of print.
It's a sweeping saga about Mexican-Americans, sometimes compared to "Roots", and follows members of one family that migrated from northern Mexico at the start of WWII. As you can see on Amazon, the book has many 5-star reader reviews and is in the top 50 today in the Kindle sales rankings for historical fiction. After you download and read it, please consider posting your own review. Thanks.
Happy Holidays!"

Archived