Chapala.com Webboard

iPad Repair in Guadalajara

sanditoes

I shattered the screen on my iPad and went to a local computer repair service to have it repaired. The quote I received was 4000 pesos, mas a memos, and they were uncertain about getting the correct screen size, along with the extensive labour involved. They offered to give me a great price on a new one.

I remembered hearing of someone who lived in Guadalajara having their iPad fixed for a more reasonable price and found out about Centro Express Tecnologia at the Centro Magno mall on Avenida Vallarta. It was very easy to find the mall using our GPS, and there was lots of parking in the underground lot. There are a mulitude of stalls doing various repairs and selling computer accessories - the area is decepitvely large.

We went yesterday afternoon, fully expecting to have to leave it for repair and braced for at least 2500 pesos. Wrong! We paid 1500 pesos, and it was ready in under an hour. We realized that we could have shopped around a bit more and found a better price after we stopped at the first stall in the area. We also purchased a 'survivor' case for the iPad for just 350 pesos, far cheaper than in town. Long story, but it was an eye opener for us and we wanted to share our experience.

I can only imagine the high price you got locally is because while they figured they were capable of completing the repair, they are just not equipped to do so in a major way. They would have to source the parts, and figure out the repair. Those shops at the Tech Express building specialize in this. In fact, the local shop probably would have had to go to Guadalajara in the end and pay them to do the work.

Hall Microcomputadoras in Minerva has an Apple technician who cames every 2 weeks to Centro Laguna, I do not remember the shop name, but they used to come to Mailboxes etc in San Antonio.

I had my Ipad serviced twice without going to Guadalajara.

Some local shops do not fix them here, usually they take the equipment to Guadalajara and have it serviced there, they resell their service.

There is a great little computer repair shop Computer Land 7 on Lopez Mateos BEFORE Costco. It is in a strip mall with a Guadalajara Farmacia as the landmark. They replaced the charging unit on my Samsung Galaxy tablet for $450 pesos. The day I was supposed to pick it up, they said maybe go to Costco or come back in 4 hours as it just was repaired and was charging. Then they insisted I go in the back to see for myself, which I did and it had 5% charge on it. It has worked like new ever since. Check them out.

Archived