Chapala.com Webboard

Battery company in Guad

solajijic

I would like some help in located a big battery store in Guadalajara. This is what I want - or something similar -

Exide Edge FP-AGML5/49 Flat Plate AGM Sealed Automotive Battery

I am on my own for couple weeks so specific directions are necessary. Locally the price is ranging from $280US to $345 US and the dealer is $410US so I thought a bigger metro area with more demand might have a lower price. I also realize being on my own asking might be resulting a a higher price.

Any clue when the new auto parts distributor places open?

Thanks.

There is a high quality battery company called "Optima". They had/have very good reputation and were bought out by Johnson Controls. Then they moved all production to Mexico. These are sealed gel coil batteries,the Red Top is their starting battery. My one has performed flawlessly, and I expect to get ten years life out of it. Others say that the quality is less, so it is hard to say what is going on. they are distributed all over Mexico, I have even seen them on mercadolibre.com.mx. That company shipped by Red Pack. I don't know what size you need, but I do know that installing a new battery is a lot trickier than it used to be in the old days (computers, alarms and such) and as in everything else they seem to be be getting much heavier than they used to be. Maybe the new lead weighs more than the old lead!

I did ask the fellow who does most of our regular car maintenance and after a few days he came back with a price close to the dealer. Another fellow got it all wrong. One mechanic had the right info, knew what I was talking about and had a decent enough price but he needed total payment up front. Which was kind of understandable, I don't know him, he doesn't know me. I just hate to let the dealer do it because they always have MORE recommendations.

For something this costly I would prefer to have a "chain store" with a satisfaction policy.

Maybe I will just wait, and let it sit a while longer until the local outlets get up and going.

Archived