Chapala.com Webboard

NEW RESTAURANT ON OCAMPO

gringal

What makes you think a restaurant opened there?

We used to go there when it was Pedros and liked it. That was a long time ago in restaurant years. :D

...the ad on page 9 of the Guadalajara Reporter, current edition.

I'd like to know what kind of "snacks" the snack bar serves. This is our route home during all the construction fiesta goings on, and they've been doing a lot of work in there.

Ocampo 71 is a restaurant and bar with live jazz located on the near west side of Ajijic, on Ocampo. It's run by a father and son team from Guadalajara. They have a pizza oven which will start full operations about the third of December 2014. We had one of a dozen different types of bottled Mexican beers. It was very good. We'll be back on Wednesday to try the pizza, they have pizza Wednesday through Sunday after 4pm.

Live Music Wednesday through Sunday after 7pm.The place has enormous potential. —

Facebook link- https://www.facebook.com/Ocampo71

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Ocampo 71 is a restaurant and bar with live jazz located on the near west side of Ajijic, on Ocampo. It's run by a father and son team from Guadalajara. They have a pizza oven which will start full operations about the third of December 2014. We had one of a dozen different types of bottled Mexican beers. It was very good. We'll be back on Wednesday to try the pizza, they have pizza Wednesday through Sunday after 4pm.

Live Music Wednesday through Sunday after 7pm.The place has enormous potential. —

Facebook link- https://www.facebook.com/Ocampo71

Does anyone know if they are still in business? Do they have Jazz on Weds.?

This is hardly a new place, as it has been operating at least 6 months or more. It is mainly an entertainment venue with some food and a good selection of craft beers. A good spot for jazz lovers, but it's not going to hurt Perry's pizza business, if you know what I mean.

They have a very thin crust pizza, that I thought was delicious! They have live music on Wednesday. Very nice owners. Plenty of craft beers. They have tv, and music. The seating areas are very attractive. Very pleasant place to sit and relax. Open until 10pm, if not longer.

I took it as suggesting the new place is as he described it, namely an entertainment venue and that their pizza wasn't outstanding.

In our opinion, Perry's pizza is outstanding but pizza taste is a highly personal thing and there's a really broad range in what people consider "great" pizza to be.

It is good to know what the place on Ocampo features and stresses. Sounds like entertainment and craft beers.

They have a very thin crust pizza, that I thought was delicious! They have live music on Wednesday. Very nice owners. Plenty of craft beers. They have tv, and music. The seating areas are very attractive. Very pleasant place to sit and relax. Open until 10pm, if not longer.

We there on Saturday night for beer, pizza, and live oldies Rock, 60s/70s. All pretty good. I don't find it expensive at all.

Archived