Chapala.com Webboard

CBS taken off DISH and Telecable

johanson

As of 7 PM Eastern this Friday evening, CBS has stopped allowing it's signal to be retransmitted on DISH Network USA and therefor on Telecable channel 84 lakeside. It is still available on Shaw Direct and on the Conus DirecTV CBS feeds lakeside.

Apparently CBS should be back up and running (Showing) now that CBS and DISH settled their dispute early this morning

Saturday afternoon/evening Telecable was carrying CBS video feed without sound. I guess that's a little better than the other way around.

• 2 weeks later...

Fox in on TeleCable analog..chanel 80..It is always freeze framed at night????

Unless there are TWO versions of Telecable analog, Channel 80 is CNN. (Admittedly there seems less difference between the two networks all the time.) Fox News used to be on Channel 56 but seems to have indeed disappeared.

I think they still have it on the digital package. I recall when in the U.S. a couple months ago Fox News no longer had an analog signal and that may explain why it disappeared from analog basic here. Or maybe someone didn't like their position on open borders. :)

My brother in laws cable system dropped all analog while we were there in November. Here in Mexico, the government is passing out TVs and converters for an apparent shift to digital here. I would think Telecable will have to follow shortly.

I suspect we'll be seeing some major changes coming on Telecable. This could be painful for many as there are still a bunch of the old tube type TVs with analog tuners in this country. Just from observation it appears to me this country is years behind the U.S. in adopting flat screen digital TV.

We continue to do all our TV watching pretty much from downloaded torrents. I keep Telecable for sports. They do carry a lot of English and European first division futbol.

I'll admit I've gotten completely bored with American football except for college.

Just from observation it appears to me this country is years behind the U.S. in adopting flat screen digital TV.

Wasn't there a thread on this forum recently about the Mexican government giving away flat screen digital TVs to families who couldn't afford to buy them?

Wasn't there a thread on this forum recently about the Mexican government giving away flat screen digital TVs to families who couldn't afford to buy them?

There was and I noted it in my second paragraph. They gave away several hundred thousand but I would think that millions would be required to replace all those old TVs. They seem to be everywhere one looks. They've been selling digital flat screens almost exclusively for a long time NOB but it hasn't been very long since I've seen them in the stores here exclusively.

Maybe one is better informed if they read what is posted and stay on topic? Looking at this thread it appears the mentions of the several outlets have to do with whether they are still available not whether they meet with your approval/biases content wise.

Nor do I see PBS mentioned as one of the outlets that have temporarily or permanently disappeared. I'd say that PBS in the context of this thread is OT as it isn't carried by TeleCable unfortunately and hence couldn't have disappeared. :)

There is a ton of good PBS content that can be watched through your TV if you have a Roku or Apple TV. It streams perfectly in HD on my Roku with the middle level of TelMex internet service.

Apologies to all for using the wrong handle for my middle post.

There was and I noted it in my second paragraph. They gave away several hundred thousand but I would think that millions would be required to replace all those old TVs

You're right,I missed that.

Archived