Chapala.com Webboard

Where was Cruz Roja?

Shira

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bennie2

whether the nurse was fired for being a bad employee OR a whistle blower, i would like to know. chances are i wont find out. why was a the red cross doing well around 10 or more years ago. they had been given a large donation & iwas told they werent hurting. what happend since then? if they treat poorer people the xray fee should be lower.

whether the nurse was fired for being a bad employee OR a wistle blower, i would like to know. chances are i wont find out. why was a the red cross doing well around 10 or more years ago. they had been given a large donation & iwas told they werent hurting. what happend since then? if they treat poorer people the xray fee should be lower.

Oh, good heavens, bennie. You still don't understand emergency rooms. Or the financing of them. Everyone should be charged the same amount in Mexico. Whether or not someone can pay the full fee is another story. If charges were on a sliding scale, who decides how much a patient pays for a service? Should everyone bring their tax return (haha in Mexico) to prove how much money they do or don't have?

Since we aren't examining the accounting ledgers or reading a blow by blow account of what happened with their employees, most of this thread is speculation about the speculation.

Based on knowing Shira to be a credible person, I'd say she didn't get the treatment she needed for her broken arm when she went to Cruz Roja. A shame, and probably a very painful day for her.

I think we can all agree that Shira had a lousy experience on an especially bad day of her life. I'm very, very sorry for that. However, for us to speculate far beyond that to Cruz Roja's finances, administration, and whether or not employees have been let go for cause is way beyond the scope. I have rarely had to use Cruz Roja. Once, they transported my husband to a hospital in Guadalajara, and I'm convinced saved his life. I used them again very recently when I had a dog bite. They were well staffed, treated me quickly and well, and charged what I considered a very reasonable fee. That is not to say I would have the same experience next time. I have also had good and bad experiences at the Ajijic clinic. I think it's pretty great we have several choices here for 24 hour care.

Archived