Chapala.com Webboard

Where was Cruz Roja?

Shira

Guest bennie2

1) thankyou cbviajero that was my point. 2) xena, some of the people i mentioned (re: explosions) are folks who have businesses, that's my relationship. (taxie drivers, haircutters, complaining). no, my personal mex friends dont support RC (as far as i know). there seems to be an attitude that exists (even w/mexicans who are not poor), that expats will pay for everything. 3) why was a nurse fired after 15 years? what did she do? what took them so long? 4) as for hankypanky, yes that did happen w/RC. that was about 9-11 yrs back. i know someone who was working w/them, took a leave of absence. they came back when the problem was "straightned out". im sure what evr is going on there now will be handled as well.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does CR have a problem with their clinic being over-utilized by Mexicans who don't pay for their services received? IF so, why not direct them to Centro de Salud. I know there was a problem in the past with asking people to pay at least the cost of whatever the supplies were that the patient received. I believe that problem has been eliminated but I don't know for sure. Reading the board minutes is of no help at all to figure out what's going on because they are not detailed enough.

Guest bennie2

my mexican friend fell & her back was in pain. it wasnt an emergency, but after several days i suggested she go to RC. the price was very high for the xray. she ended up other having it done in chapala or guad for much less. she said that they dont do free work, & come after you later to pay. i dont know what they do for emergency patients who dont have cash to pay. im sure they treat them.

Guest bennie2

ok. i still want to know why the nurse was fired after 15 years, i have a right to know. why?? because im hustled for $. im no fool, i like details. i used to go on the redcross trips, so i have donated.

Does CR have a problem with their clinic being over-utilized by Mexicans who don't pay for their services received? IF so, why not direct them to Centro de Salud. I know there was a problem in the past with asking people to pay at least the cost of whatever the supplies were that the patient received. I believe that problem has been eliminated but I don't know for sure. Reading the board minutes is of no help at all to figure out what's going on because they are not detailed enough.

I wonder if CR has a problem with not collecting from people they should be collecting from. When my wife needed ambulance transport, I was a bit shocked at the price charged, a drastic increase from previous, and when I asked the driver said quite candidly that CR was not collecting from people they should be collecting from and hence those that would pay get charged a lot.

These stories keep cropping up that make me wonder if there is a serious management problem at CR.

Guest bennie2

unless its an an emergency (or a sunday), i go to the place in chapala. they also have a branch @ 6 corners, but chapala is better. the tech is always there & the prices are not more than the RC. what im "getting" is that the expats (or rich mexicans) are subsidizing the poor by paying more for services. i would rather the RC has a fund set up to treat these people, & lower their charges.

First Bennie, a personnel issue is none of your business. Do you really think a person who has been fired for a cause egregious enough to meet Mexican law standards would go around saying, "Well I finally got caught?" No, they would claim it was the evil new administrator.

Changes are being made to the management and costs are being evaluated and audited. See the article in this weeks Guad Reporter.

A report was given a few months ago about how many of the costs are being paid for by the people using the clinic. The percentage was fairly high but not enough to cover operating costs. Charges are being evaluated. The need for continued fundraising is caused by the continuing difference between the expenses and the income.

The Ajijic Clinic closed because it was too costly to keep open and simply did not get enough business during the time it was open. Not enough sick or injured people went to the clinic - maybe not enough people got sick. You pay people the same if they are seeing patients or not.

If you are genuinely interested, and actually concerned, rather than just bitching, I suggest you attend the Annual General Meeting 17 December at 2 pm in the LCS gazebo.

What if... what if it was possible to have a Green Cross ambulance service, and leave the clinic to be serviced by the Cruz Roja? Maybe time to think outside of the box

What exactly is the difference between the Cruz Roja and the Cruz Verde,they seem to perform similar functions?

Guest bennie2

mtnmama, it IS my business & anyone elses if they want to know. ofcause you dont ask the nurse, you ask the people in charge & the other help. no thanks, not a team player. no lcs for me. let someone else follow up on my commentary.

I wonder if CR has a problem with not collecting from people they should be collecting from. When my wife needed ambulance transport, I was a bit shocked at the price charged, a drastic increase from previous, and when I asked the driver said quite candidly that CR was not collecting from people they should be collecting from and hence those that would pay get charged a lot.

These stories keep cropping up that make me wonder if there is a serious management problem at CR.

Exactly. My friend was telling me a story about her camping trip (yes it is related) The price for night was listed on the gates but the owner told them it is triple of that. When asked why so high when the campground was empty he sad it is exactly why..... They had to pay more because it was empty.

Do you know who morosos are? Mexican do not like to pay for taxes, dues and services and nobody can make them. Ask any condominium or fracc. for facts. I suspect that many Mexicans are treated in CR for free (for whatever reason) but someone has to pay or they will not survive. So foreigners who are here considered "rich" will have to raise money and be charged more (for most of the things) to support the system. Thank you everyone for doing so. Moving down here is like to get married into an Italian family. You have to accept and love them all :-)

The fact that the service is poor is another story. So we can question the process or management or just ignore it and do not use it. I doubt that anything can be done about it if the management is Mexican and supported by local brass. Unless you have a good friend in much higher places.

"MtnMama" says "First Bennie, a personnel issue is none of your business. Do you really think a person who has been fired for a cause egregious enough to meet Mexican law standards would go around saying, "Well I finally got caught?" No, they would claim it was the evil new administrator."

You mention Mexican law standards as if the RC were meeting them by paying their workers according to Mexican law, which they are not. When you say "I finally got caught", got caught at what: stealing, or what? Since RC is funded by the people and not by the government, transparency in all matters, including personnel issues is important.

Does anyone actually believe that only people who have done something wrong get fired? Sometimes it is the person trying to right wrongs who loses her job.

It is unfair to insinuate that someone was guilty of wrong doing when no one outside the organization knows what is going on behind those closed doors.

"MtnMama" says "First Bennie, a personnel issue is none of your business. Do you really think a person who has been fired for a cause egregious enough to meet Mexican law standards would go around saying, "Well I finally got caught?" No, they would claim it was the evil new administrator."

You mention Mexican law standards as if the RC were meeting them by paying their workers according to Mexican law, which they are not. When you say "I finally got caught", got caught at what: stealing, or what? Since RC is funded by the people and not by the government, transparency in all matters, including personnel issues is important.

One needs to clarify.. Since RC is funded by the people and not by the government,..If you have a MX plated car you probably made a automatic

There needs to be some clarification about the misconception....Since RC is funded by the people and not by the government

If you own a MX plated car you probably made a contribution Aportacion A La Cruz Roja E Instituto Cabanas $40.00pesos, when you paid your anual car tax

Similarly the Ajijic sub station funds came from other state/federal sources

Why do we at Lakeside jump through hoops, raising funds for the ambulance and clinic when "possibly" we can get the Cruz Verde Ambulance for "free" thus leaving Cruz Roja only to run the clinic. Which I guess could cut the over head cost by half and maybe make it a profit center and not a cost center

Archived