Chapala.com Webboard

Best Alternative for Ride from Ajijic to Airport

tycobb1020

This is a copy of a post I submitted on this forum in May 2013. It is self explanatory:

"Francisco & sons Miramontes - 766-1142

A couple of days ago we used Francisco & Sons (actually the son, Luis) to take us to the Casa Grande hotel at the airport in preparation for an early morning flight the next morning.

When paying him I mistakenly included a 100 CANADIAN dollar bill along with 3 - 100 peso notes.

After being in our room for 15 minutes, Luis called from the lobby and explained what happened and returned the money to me.

Needless t say, I would never have known.

They are definitely the only airport transportation company that I will use from now on."

• 1 month later...

We need a GDL pickup mid-May and will be carrying a bit more luggage than usual--2 big, 2 sm suitcases and 2 duffels. The Miramontes looked like a good bet, but see that most recent posters here have not been able to contact them. Any 2015 first-hand experiences with them? Other suggestions? Thanks for your help.

On the few occasions when I've had to take a cab to the airport for an early morning flight I've used Samuel Reyes' taxi, 766-3662. He lives near me in San Antonio, has always been reliable, and charges the same as an airport cab from the airport, which is what I use when arriving late at night.

Tombo,

We've used Luis Miramontes at least a dozen times in the last three years. Our most recent trip to the airport was on a weekday last week at 5 AM. I always make a reservation by email, miramontes-transfer at hotmail dot com. When making the reservation, I specify that we will require a van because we have a lot of luggage and also provide very detailed instructions to locate my residence. I hope this helps.

Thanks, Ken and Black Swan. I got an email response from Luis Miramontes right away, plus confirmation of my flight info. He gave me a price of $550 from GDL to near Ajijic plaza. I'll contact him again a week ahead. I appreciate the other option, Ken...Looks like we're good to go.

Thanks, Ken and Black Swan. I got an email response from Luis Miramontes right away, plus confirmation of my flight info. He gave me a price of $550 from GDL to near Ajijic plaza. I'll contact him again a week ahead. I appreciate the other option, Ken...Looks like we're good to go.

So the price went up 100 pesos.

• 11 months later...

In the last while I have found a reliable fellow who is available anytime for trips to and from the airport and to and from Guadalajara.  Been a bit turned off other drivers who have raised their prices but his price is reasonable.  He has a nice hybrid vehicle and speaks Spanish and English fluently.

Sesar Arias  333-959-0825

Archived