Chapala.com Webboard

Best Alternative for Ride from Ajijic to Airport

tycobb1020

Any local taxi will take you to the airport from Ajijic, as will private drivers mentioned elsewhere and often on this forum.

Alternatively, you could take the Chapala bus line‘s Guadalajara bus and get off at the airport intersection by instructing the driver to stop there. It is about a 1km walk to the terminal.

If walking is not an option, you could continue on that bus to the Guadalajara bus station and then take another back to the airport terminal.

Depends on time of day I suggest you call and get a quote as it changes. If you are looking for the least expensive they may not fit the bill. But they are the most reliable which is important to me. My daughter lives in Scotland and we have some odd times for connections as we usually are looking for least expensive flts. Which carry a hefty change fee.

Luis Miramontes may be a bit more expensive but he is as reliable as the day is long, and we also are quite fond of him - if you have to be picked up at three in the morning he, or one of his drivers, will be there without fail. And the same thing for being picked up at the airport. He also has all the required insurance and pays the fees the government requires of licensed chauffeurs to be able to drop people off and pick people up at the airport. A lot of drivers don't have the necessary documents and if they get shooed out of there by the cops while you're still inside battling with the aduana line, you might be out of luck. You get what your pay for, I would suggest.

The Miramontes family have been driving us to and from the airport and to and from Guad. for doctor's visits etc. for 9 years. They have never been late or not shown up. If you would like to research "airport transportation" making sure you change the search to "forums" instead of "this topic", you will see many recommendations including theirs.

The Miramontes family have been driving us to and from the airport and to and from Guad. for doctor's visits etc. for 9 years. They have never been late or not shown up. If you would like to research "airport transportation" making sure you change the search to "forums" instead of "this topic", you will see many recommendations including theirs.

What is his telephone number please

We have been using Pancho @ 766-1142. for aprox 9 years. They are excellent. Always on time day night early morning. Drop of or meet incoming. We are exceptionaly fond of his son Luis.

This is the same as the Miramontes. Just when we started using them 9 yrs ago the Dad, Pancho, was listed. Actually have never met him mostly Luis. But when I saw phone # for Miramontes I realized we were talking about same service. Glad so many agree!

I never did get a chance to try out Miramontes, despite my best efforts. Like you, I too had heard from everyone how good he is, however, when I called to book an airport trip his cell was not working so I called the 766 number and his wife (she said "mi esposo no esta") answered and took the details. Needless to say, she neglected to pass on the message and I was left scrambling to get to the airport after a no show for a 4:30am pick up next day. I ended up having to drive myself and pay parking fees.

It all worked out in the end though. I now realize that the airport parking fees cost less for a return taxi trip for the number of days I usually travel (my last trip cost 849 pesos for 4 days). So now I usually drive myself and no longer worry if my ride will show up or not. This only works for the shorter business trips I expect, but is something to consider if you want to avoid the worry of "will they or won't they show up". There are also those new low cost park and flys for longer terms, which I have not yet tried out so cannot comment on. I tend to prefer the covered parking and convenience of the airport parking lot.

I expect Miramontes is probably just as realiable as everyone says...but his wife most defintintely is not. The lesson here seem evident. If he does not answer the phone himself, call back later. Don't trust to leaving a message. Good luck and happy travels.

Has anybody tried Uber in the Chapala area?

• 2 months later...

Archived