Chapala.com Webboard

Amazon is Awesome

sunnyvmx

Monday the 24th, I placed an order for two pairs of good walk/run sneakers for my poor feet. They were delivered yesterday, that's four days later and I didn't expedite shipping. Shopping is very user friendly. I study the reviews of a product before making my choice, there is a box to check to filter and list items that will ship to Mexico and with one click it's ordered, paid for and shipped to my door. Upon placing the order, I have 30 minutes to cancel or make any changes. I have used this feature and received prompt cancellation.

If the duty is less than charged by Amazon, I receive a credit for the difference on my credit card. Their customer service is exceptional and always completed to my satisfaction. Amazon has made living in Mexico just that much better and I didn't think anything could.

I've had mostly the same experience over the past year with Amazon until an order I placed October 1st. The order was split into 3 shipments - one shipment went DHL and I could track the progress as it got to GDL. There it sat for a week waiting for customs clearance. I spent several hours talking to DHL here in MX and US and Amazon. Customs was requiring (me) the equivalent of a brokers license to release the package. Ultimately Amazon requested the order be returned (rather than be destroyed) for which all charges were credited back to me.

The other 2 shipments were sent USPS and once they leave the US you just sort of hope they'll show up. I'm still waiting for both packages - 8 weeks and counting. As you might imagine I've become reluctant to order anything more from Amazon. YMMV

Archived