Chapala.com Webboard

Restaurant Los Telares Ajijic

dennis clark

It used to be one of our go to places but not any more. We used to wonder why people would wait on line at Tango when Los Telares was just across the street. We have found it to have gone way down hill over that last year and have stopped going. When first it started to deteriorate, I decided to just have a salad and desert when we were there, then my creme brulee was raw and that was the final insult for me.

Because we no longer go I can't say if they have redeemed themselves in the last few months.

We're had good and bad experiences with Telares. It was in a bad phase that we stopped going there, but a friend rolled into town and we needed a last minute place to go for Thanksgiving year before last. Most all were booked, and since Telares was advertising something that sounded good, we walked over there. Absolutely delicious Thanksgiving buffet, and a little less pricey than some others. Who knew? Based on that, we returned later that week and had another loser lunch. Also, who knew? They probably deserve the "inconsistency" award. Too bad, because the setting is so lovely.

Archived