Chapala.com Webboard

Computers really don't wear out

ComputerGuy

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The worst thing around here is CFE. If the HD is writing and CFE drops out, you can be in real problems. A UPS is the best insurance around.

Thanks for getting the subject back on computers. Chromebook's aren't computers. They can't operate without another computer in the cloud. If you think they're so great, maybe you should talk to Jennifer Lawrence. I'll keep my information on a real computer. Maybe we could open a thread for cloud toys.

"Chromebook's aren't computers. They can't operate without another computer in the cloud." Another computer! - sorta sounds like you are admitting they are computers.

BTW, I'm afraid I don't understand the vitriol and condescension in your reply. Can't someone express their opinion and/or preference without receiving sarcasm?

"Can't we all just get along?"

Thanks for getting the subject back on computers. Chromebook's aren't computers. They can't operate without another computer in the cloud. If you think they're so great, maybe you should talk to Jennifer Lawrence. I'll keep my information on a real computer. Maybe we could open a thread for cloud toys.

Chromebook's aren't computers.

You don't need an apostrophe in "Chromebooks", it is simply the plural of Chromebook.

First off, there’s only one reason for the big push for cloud computing. The big hint here is Google. There’s nothing that your Chromebook can do that hasn’t been done by desktops and laptops for years. The problem is, except for email and the people dumb enough to post on sites like Facebook, the Government has no way of knowing what you’re doing. With your Chromebook, you have nothing more than a spy machine.

There’s nothing the Government, which many people think is Google and other large corporations, would like more than for all of you to put every thought, idea and expression up in the cloud where they own it. Rather than keeping information private on your PC, they’ll know everything about you.

The recent hacks of Jennifer Lawrence and the other hundred stars are just a distraction. Although it proved your information isn’t safe in the cloud, it was only a one on one hack of the cloud computer by one person. The elephant in the room is all the people are giving their personal info directly to Google and Google’s rolling on the floor laughing at all of you.

When I first heard the plot to have all computing in the cloud, I thought, who would be dumb enough to do that. Then I thought , probably everybody. The recent 8 year European IQ study of all the industrialized countries showed that Americans were the dumbest people of the industrialized world. Before you jump on me, I’m just the messenger. In case you haven’t gotten it up till now, this post should be a wakeup call, but I fully expect somebody will be dumb enough to post that, they don’t care, they have nothing to hide. So before you post anymore advertisements for Chromebook, understand what you're advertising.

I've decided the easiest thing to do is post nude photos and all my financial records and secrets on Facebook so I can quit worrying.

I sent an E-mail to the NSA requesting that they do it for me since I'm busy this week.

I've decided the easiest thing to do is post nude photos and all my financial records and secrets on Facebook so I can quit worrying.

I sent an E-mail to the NSA requesting that they do it for me since I'm busy this week.

Hey, why don't you ask the neighbourhood kids? Apparently, they all have software that can access all our WiFi connections, so they should be loaded for bear...

That Pawn Stars thing is so obviously completely scripted. I wonder who paid them to do that?

Hey, why don't you ask the neighbourhood kids? Apparently, they all have software that can access all our WiFi connections, so they should be loaded for bear...

Sounds like you might be in favor of cloud computing. Really? Here's a great idea, now you can backup your entire hard drive to the cloud. Everything. Don't believe me? Google it. "Safe and Secure".

I guess all this went right over your head. The posts weren't about advertisements or who sponsored them. One last time: "The elephant in the room is all the people are giving their personal info directly to Google and Google’s rolling on the floor laughing at all of you.". I give up.

Archived