Chapala.com Webboard

12th Encuentro de Cocineras Tradicionales de Michoacán

More Liana

More Liana, thank you for posting this information - it's great to know about the event. The video is really an inspiration to go. Having never been to Morelia I'll need to do some research.

Besides that, knowing about You Can Cook is wonderful. Thank you for the introduction to Sonia Ortiz. I've probably watched a dozen of her videos so far.

Oldshoe, let me know via PM what you'd like to know about the Encuentro and I'd be happy to help you out. I've been a member of the organizing board for nearly 8 years and lived in Morelia for most of that time. If you'd be interested in a guided tour of the food--it's not at all the common Mexican food seen outside Michoacán--I guide groups every year, in addition to performing my duties at the event. There is NOTHING else like this festival anywhere in Mexico.

I will tell Sonia Ortiz that she has a new fan. Spread the word; her easy-to-learn cooking videos are called You Can Cook in English and Cocina y Comparte in Spanish--two different shows. She's the best!

Archived