Chapala.com Webboard

Chillin' Bar & Grill #2

tycobb1020

Well, I suppose I am the grinch today. We tried this restaurant yesterday. I had the shrimp tacos and husband had the chicken fajitas. The tacos were fishy and mostly onions and cheese; the fajitas were mostly onions and peppers; the guacamole was mostly onions. While I love grilled onions, I do not do well with them being the major portion of my meal. We found the service overly friendly with the laying on of hands and the twisting of bodies right in front of my nose (of course, if I were male it might be enjoyable). It was very clean, open, comfortable. The beer was only 16 pesos. We will not be back.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have not had the shrimp tacos; have had several others, always enjoyable. Consider if you took out half the peppers and onions from your fajitas, then compared what you have left to any other restaurant for the price. That was my feeling when I had them. Definitely worth it.

Have not had the shrimp tacos; have had several others, always enjoyable. Consider if you took out half tghe peppers and onions from your fajitas, then compared what you have left to any other restaurant for the price. That was my feeling when I had them. Definitely worth it.

I'm not that crazy about too many onions and peppers, or I should say that my mouth likes them but my stomach, not so much. However, they are generous with the other ingredients including the shrimp, so on my next visit I plan to ask for the peppers and onions on the side of the plate instead of on the taco. We'll see what happens.

The hospitality is nice: maybe a bit much, but better than some places where they kind of ignore you. Maybe they could dial it down a bit, but really, there isn't much to complain about at Chillin's.

Well, I suppose I am the grinch today. We tried this restaurant yesterday. I had the shrimp tacos and husband had the chicken fajitas. The tacos were fishy and mostly onions and cheese; the fajitas were mostly onions and peppers; the guacamole was mostly onions. While I love grilled onions, I do not do well with them being the major portion of my meal. We found the service overly friendly with the laying on of hands and the twisting of bodies right in front of my nose (of course, if I were male it might be enjoyable). It was very clean, open, comfortable. The beer was only 16 pesos. We will not be back.

Your opinion about the food, we respect it. Because as a mexican frase says "No soy monedita de oro para caerle bien a todos" but I would like to hear your opinion about what you ment to say --"We found the service overly friendly with the laying on of hands and the twisting of bodies right in front of my nose (of course, if I were male it might be enjoyable)"--

Be carefull with what you are saying because we never disrespected you or anyone as you are disrespecting us with your insinuation. If my memory is not wrong when you where leaving you huge us and said everything was very nice, so you are being a hypocrite.

Your opinion about the food, we respect it. Because as a mexican frase says "No soy monedita de oro para caerle bien a todos" but I would like to hear your opinion about what you ment to say --"We found the service overly friendly with the laying on of hands and the twisting of bodies right in front of my nose (of course, if I were male it might be enjoyable)"--

Be carefull with what you are saying because we never disrespected you or anyone as you are disrespecting us with your insinuation. If my memory is not wrong when you where leaving you huge us and said everything was very nice, so you are being a hypocrite.

Just Chillin', now chill. In English the phrase is, You can't please everybody.

Lexy

You are thinking of the wrong person hugging you. What I mean by "laying on of hands" is coming up to the table and taking the liberty of putting your arm around the shoulder. In doing this it required the stomach of the body to be very close to the face of the person sitting. This, I am sure is very acceptable to some but not all. It was too familiar coming from someone we had never met. This is not an insinuation of any kind ... it is a description of what we do not care for. You all are very enthusiastic about serving your customers and it is our opinion that, yes, it could be dialed down just a bit.

I'm kinda with Just Chillin' on this one. What exactly does it mean, "the laying on of hands and the twisting of bodies right in front of my nose". This wording is very suggestive. Perhaps the poster was being a bit too flip, no, and didn't mean it the way it comes across.

EDIT: I can see from the above post that my assumption was correct.

You are thinking of the wrong person hugging you. What I mean by "laying on of hands" is coming up to the table and taking the liberty of putting your arm around the shoulder. In doing this it required the stomach of the body to be very close to the face of the person sitting. This, I am sure is very acceptable to some but not all. It was too familiar coming from someone we had never met. This is not an insinuation of any kind ... it is a description of what we do not care for. You all are very enthusiastic about serving your customers and it is our opinion that, yes, it could be dialed down just a bit.

Ok, is clear for us as The Beatles used to said "All you need is love." ❤️

So, lets make that this forum from the patrons continue before moderator close it.

EEEEEWWWWWW! Gross. If I need a hug I will get it at home but, since I didn't like the food there and will not go back, cuddle away folks.

Jajaja, Menudo please, don't make this personal we know that you already know that you won "the Chillin' awards" but don't worry you can come any time to the restaurant and pick up your trophy. Only we ask for is that this forum continues for reviews about the restaurant to avoid that moderators closed it. Meanwhile, we send lots of love and hugs. ❤️

Love this place...my favourite in a long time! Food is great, decent prices, especially the wine. And the owners are delightful! It is an absolute joy to walk in a place and feel that you are genuinely welcome....not a phony act. And they want to hear your comments. so that they can keep improving. I will be back over and over!!!! These people have the right stuff.

Thank you, Just Chillin!

Too some people the smiles and hugs in appreciation of your business is over friendly, however I was the first party there Tuesday at noon and by the time we left the place was packed. And remember, if you want another drink, clap and Juan Carlos will dance behind the bar and the ladies will bring you another drink.

We just came from Chillin and they have fought back against the "prudes" by adding a board at every table where you are asked three questions...a grease pen is hanging with the board:

Do you want

Friendly Service?

Very Friendly?

UnFriendly?

A square is to be checked at the choice that you choose!

PPPPHHHFFFTTT

We just came from Chillin and they have fought back against the "prudes" by adding a board at every table where you are asked three questions...a grease pen is hanging with the board:

Do you want

Friendly Service?

Very Friendly?

UnFriendly?

Jajajaja! That is super funny! Kudos to "Just Chillin'" for rolling with it. Great attitude.

Do you want

Friendly Service?

Very Friendly?

UnFriendly?

Great sense of humor...you have to love that.

• 2 weeks later...

Great place. We first visited just after they opened and things, in our opinion, were a little "rough around the edges". However, if our experience last night has become the "norm" then we'll be back...OFTEN! Great food, excellent service and definitely "good value". However, I have a suggestion that would take their excellent hamburger to a higher level and by doing so they'd definitely have the best in town. If the owners could get a great local baker to make a more suitable bun (that doesn't fall apart) then........the restaurant would be even more wonderful! In our opinion!

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to bump this up and give these hard working people a little more exposure. We went last night. They were full with a birthday party. We managed to order before the big group. We each had a taco. Mine was Popeye but with chicken. EXCELLENT. (70 pesos) and my husband had the San Pancho with arrachera (85 pesos), also great. We had the margaritas (35 each). There was a musical group playing soft music, mainly John Lennon & Beatles stuff. We were immediately in front of them and it was fine. Service was a bit slow due to the big party but we will return again soon.

Wish the "prudes" would all go back North. My wife and I love Chillin and go there ever chance we get. We always try and take someone with us that has never been there before. The kids do a great job and deserve all the help they can get.

I'm with Mexman1957 on this one.....I think that the young people that own JustChlllin' are genuinely warm, friendly people, and their food is amazing! I've been there several times, and I always look forward to my hugs!

Archived