Chapala.com Webboard

Guadalajara Reporter

Mario

I went to pickup a copy of the Reporter today at SuperLake and was told by the girl at the cash register there would be no more. At first I just thought she meant they had sold all of them but on further inquiry she said no there would be no more. Hope there was just a communication problem. Anyone know anything on this?

Twice at Superlake the rack where they sell them was empty. I looked around the back and there were lots of them. No one bothered to restock.

We have the online subscription to the GR. Very inexpensive, very early availability, no stacks of newspapers to get rid of, no environmental pollution from newsprint and ink. No running around trying to find a copy.

Full color and full screen, looks just like the paper. It does help to have a larger monitor.

Had it for three years and very few hitches with it. Plus we can read the GR no matter where we are.

This is a really nice feature from them and we appreciate it greatly.

The store is, unfortunately, not responsible for stacking or sorting papers. The distributor is expected to handle all that. People who work for The Reporter and shop at SuperLake will usually set them up properly if they are there, and report when empty or check with Pancho or one of the staff.

With the recent influx of expats, a lot more papers are suddenly being sold. (You may have noticed the size has once again increased to 32 pages from 24.) WalMart stopped selling them (they're working on fixing that), and SuperLake is seeing a huge uptick in paper sales as a result of both these circumstances.

Yes, I usually get mine at La Huerta supermarket. But a week or two ago I was at SuperLake looking for one, and the GDL Reporters were UNDER one of the Mexican newspapers. (I fixed that!)

The spice shop in Interlago Plaza next to iShop Mail also sells them.

Archived