Chapala.com Webboard

Telcel Amigo Balance Cancelled

mkshawn

We have just become another victim of Telcel to the tune of 1300mxp total on 2 amigo phone accounts. When we left Chapala last May we Topped up our Amigo accounts with a balance expiring on June 24th & 25th. On our arrival Nov 2nd we topped up both accounts with 100mxp rec +25mxp bonus. Our previous balance have not been credited back to us?

We called Telcel *264 Opt# 4 Opt#1 requested an english speaking representative who informed us that new rules issued Aug11 allowed for a max60 day window of opportunity to Top Up & reclaim any past balances.

Has anyone else faced this problem? What alternatives do we have?

Don't think there is any real chance to recover the balance after 60 days. And don't anybody at Telcel can or will make an exception. Pretty black and white - unfortunately.

For the future it is possible to add $$$ to your account while in Mexico or from outside the country - like while you are in the U.S. You can set up your account on the Telcel website and add money from anywhere - even using a U.S. credit/debit card.

Finally - not sure if this works outside the country but I have a Telcel app on my phone. I get a text message two days before my minutes expire, can check my balance from the phone, and can add $$$ right from the phone. I have that set up with a U.S. credit card and use it while in Mexico. Haven't tried it from the U.S. (roaming) but have used the website a couple of times.

Sure enough! My wife's balance happens to expire today, and after logging in it says "Tu saldo a recuperar es de $1,117.39, realiza una

recarga antes del 08/11/2015", a whole year from now. That is a much better policy.

I buy a $50 peso recharge for my Telcel cell every month and it is good for 30 days but when I call star133# my $600+ balance shows up the day the 30 days is up it is good until Nov. 2015 also if I recharge it before that date but my cell account is turned off. When I recharge it my balance is $650+ pesos and I have been doing this for a year and never lose my $600+ pesos balance. One day I might use the balance but so far I use about $50 pesos per month. I have never lost the balance for years but maybe if you do not recharge it often you might and have to go into a Telcel customer service office to get it back. I did once when I did not use another Telcel # I had from Mexicali for 51/2 months and it was not a problem for them to give it back to me. I don´t know their current policy but can guess it is the same as before.

Archived