Chapala.com Webboard

Olive Garden

Ezzie

The new Olive Garden in Zapopan (Avenida Patria @ Andares Mall) has been open now for about 3 months so we made a visit last evening. This is the sixth Mexican location for the franchise (Delicias Mexico S.A. de C.V.), now 4 in the Mexico City metropolis and one in Leon. Additional stores coming in Monterrey, Guanauato and somewhere in the Yucatan apparently according to our waiter.

The location in Zapopan is on the north side of the Andares Mall district, beside the Red Lobster. Park in the Superama parking lot on the west side of Patria and just a short walk across the driveway.

Very much enjoyed the experience and I will be going back again. Very similar menu to the US stores, if not identical. The service was very fast and the food excellent. At $107 MX for the "unlimited" bread/soup/salad, a real great value too. The Zuppa Toscana (my favorite) seemed to be just a bit spicier than the US version - yummy!! The raspberry iced tea was just a bit less sweet. Another diner with us ordered the spaghetti with meat balls and it was great as well.

I had the misfortune of having dined at an Olive Garden on a recent trip to the US. The meal was disgusting. Since they basically heat up pre-prepared "food" I will pass on dining at the location in Guadalajara.

We had the same experience at P.F. Changs in the Plaza GalerĂ­as. I never could understand why anyone prefers chain restaurants when there are so many better options. Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Outback Steakhouse..........all mediocre.

Archived