Chapala.com Webboard

Foreign Medical Practitioners in Mexico

Carnivore

The state office of professions is going to have a registry of postgraduate courses so you will also be able to check if someone is studious or done nothing in years.

I, for one, appreciate Spencer taking time from his busy law practice (to become I am sure much busier in months to come) to advise all of us, free of charge, about such important matters as foreign doctors practicing here without the proper documentation (cedula) and public service component.

Some have set up clinics here to appeal mostly to a certain segment of the retired community and profess to be "doctors" and doing a community service. That calls into question their honesty, integrity, and also professional ethics. One should be aware of such people and the type of "community service" say they are providing.

Just sayin' -- buyer beware, check the cedulas, and go ahead at your own risk.

Spencer is to be lauded for actually providing a true "community service" to all of us without expectation of renumeration.

In my opinion it would be beneficial to the entire community if an aggressive campaign were initiated to "shut down" unlicenced (and thereby illegal) medical practioners here at Lakeside. Report them to the appropriate Mexican authorities and, where appropriate, authorities in their home country. Of course, these practitioners, should also be reported to the Mexican Taxation department and to the taxation authorities in their home country. It would be great to see the local press become involved by publishing a list of medical practitioners who are licenced and those who they find are not!

In my opinion it would be beneficial to the entire community if an aggressive campaign were initiated to "shut down" unlicenced (and thereby illegal) medical practioners here at Lakeside. Report them to the appropriate Mexican authorities and, where appropriate, authorities in their home country. Of course, these practitioners, should also be reported to the Mexican Taxation department and to the taxation authorities in their home country. It would be great to see the local press become involved by publishing a list of medical practitioners who are licenced and those who they find are not!

It's not that complicated to find out. Just go to this website, it's not necessary to fill in all of the fields only the name or the CP number:

http://www.cedulaprofesional.sep.gob.mx/cedula/indexAvanzada.action

It is one thing for a professional to have a fake card or use a fake number and it is quite another thing to obtain a CP using fake credentials. The latter would be mighty complicated and expensive. The former would not show up as legitimate on the website.

The press, whoever that is around here, is not going to do that , not in a million years. I can't even imagine.

The topic here concerns foreigners practicing as medical professionals in our area and there aren't very many of these. It doesn't take much to find out which ones have earned the right to practice here and which ones have not.

Guest bennie2

carnivore: im against witch hunts. best to consult this board for information. you can always PM if you are not comfortable. it's irrehensible to report someone for taxes. if that floats your boat then spend hours on the phone w/the IRS. good luck w/that one. how about those advertised yard sales you have? the bread you sell to the little store? the furniture you had on consignment? for morality sake i may report this the mexican taxation bureau. after all whats good for the goose.....dont try to cheat mexico.

Those who are working here legally and have cedulas usually publish their full name in their ads, their cedula number and their physical address as well as a landline phone number.

Those who are not on the up and up list no physical address and never list their name, just some company name and many times that doesnt really exist nor was registered here.

Those who are working here legally and have cedulas usually publish their full name in their ads, their cedula number and their physical address as well as a landline phone number.

Those who are not on the up and up list no physical address and never list their name, just some company name and many times that doesnt really exist nor was registered here.

That's not always true. I don't list my address on my business cards because it is also my home address and I do not take walk in clients, only by appointment. I and my business are all legal. I pay my taxes properly.

I mention red flags which are that, red flags and must be taken into account when evaluating the circumstances.

That's not always true. I don't list my address on my business cards because it is also my home address and I do not take walk in clients, only by appointment. I and my business are all legal. I pay my taxes properly.

Do you publish your cedula number for all to check, if they desire?

Do you publish your cedula number for all to check, if they desire?

I am not a doctor or lawyer. I am a hairdresser, so my requirements are different, but I do indeed have my Cédula de Identificación Fiscal and Inscripción en el R.F.C. Posted. It tells my authorized activity and my obligations to SAT. I also have the proper work permit and immigration documents, and make bimonthly tax filings/payments.

I know this thread is about medical, but I was making a point that just because a business doesn't list an address doesn't mean they are shady. A lot are, but some of us also like to protect our privacy.

Sasha is legal, I can attest to that, the others I cannot say.

Pencer, when you were studying law, weren't you also doing legal and other types of remunerative activities? Such as facilitating immigration permits, clearing things with customs, mortgages etc. I could never figure out what immigration status you had that permitted studying AND actividades lucrativas.

I have always been legal with everything disclosed to the authorities, who am I to question them? What is your status and real information? I have my papers in order, lets not detract from the topic of those who are not compliant

I noticed on your website that other than you, none of your associates publish their cedula. Nor the last name of their mothers.

Put your real full name here and I will list all their real names and cedulas, fair? Ask anybody at the courthouse or ministerio publico about my team and they will tell you we are all legit and actively litigating, not paying another because someone doesnt have papers. We have copies of everyones cedulas at the office as we need to attach them to legal documents, come by to see them.

Put your real full name here and I will list all their real names and cedulas, fair? Ask anybody at the courthouse or ministerio publico about my team and they will tell you we are all legit and actively litigating, not paying another because someone doesnt have papers. We have copies of everyones cedulas at the office as we need to attach them to legal documents, come by to see them.

I in no way suggested they were not legit.

You were the one that posted that legitimate professionals post thier cedulas and their names and addresses, not me. I included a quote of your exact words in my previous post. So with all due respect, shouldn't we expect you to follow the same standards you hold others to?

And why does one need to ask around town when it is such a simple matter of checking the database for cedulas online as you also have suggested? The problem with doing that in this case is that none of your associates include their maternal last name.

It is a web page, I posted their info, actually you can check cedulas with only one name, just enter Spencer in the state database, actually now there is another, a psychologist. I try not to post too much personal info of my employees to protect their privacy, this is a fine line, I always post my info as I am the head.

It is a web page, I posted their info, actually you can check cedulas with only one name, just enter Spencer in the state database, actually now there is another, a psychologist. I try not to post too much personal info of my employees to protect their privacy, this is a fine line, I always post my info as I am the head.

Spencer is a unique name in this country. Here, where there can be many people sharing the same first and paternal last name, the maternal last name is important for distinguishing between different Juan Perez or Jose Diaz or Maria Lopez.

Archived