Chapala.com Webboard

Printer Ink Cartridge

Floradude

In the past I have always been able to buy ink cartridges for my HP printer at Walmart.

No more! They no longer carry #564 cartridges. Costco still carries them so I stocked up

while I was there on Wednesday. Does anyone know of any place else at Lakeside that sells the HP #564 ink cartridges? NO, refills will not work in my machine.

If Costco should stop carrying, and they will someday, I will have to buy a new printer.

No, sad to say. It's supply and demand. We demand but they don't supply. A new printer has maybe six months to a year here before the supply of carts "dries up". With thousands of models available, and new ones arriving every six months, there's no way it's worth it for a store to try and keep up. If you don't need colour, a good recommendation is an expensive laser printer. Those cartridges all use the same powder, no matter the brand, and one cart will last the average user a couple of years. Not to mention: the price of a refill is 300-350 pesos, practically the same as a new colour cart.

You can also stop at either Benno's on the carretera near Bruno's or go to

Computerland near Cafe Magana in Riberas. You can order it and either

will bring it back on their next weekly trip to Guad.

Ink for my Canon printer is no longer available at WalMart and I have

gotten it from both computer shops.

Archived