Chapala.com Webboard

Auto Parts

To avoid clogging the WalMart speculation thread, starting this.

Intercasa posted about engine trouble light and AutoZone: Mine went off in my Chevy Tahoe, said MAP sensor, bought part at Autozone for $700 pesos after dealer said they wanted $1,500 to read the codes then the part and labor was extra, my buddy James came over last night, has the same year Chevy truck, 2 whiskies later and popping off 2 covers we changed the part in less than 10 minutes.

There's an auto-electrical guy in Chapala called El Seiko up at the top end of Madero who does amazing things. Local tallers couldn't get me two different sensors, and I had to have them shipped in. When these failed, I needed proper diagnostics, so took my car to Seiko. Two hours later, he had isolated the problem to something completely different... and yet he had the necessary parts in stock anyway in case they were needed. He can get any manufacturer part, he says, in short order.

To avoid clogging the WalMart speculation thread, starting this.

There's an auto-electrical guy in Chapala called El Seiko up at the top end of Madero who does amazing things. Local tallers couldn't get me two different sensors, and I had to have them shipped in. When these failed, I needed proper diagnostics, so took my car to Seiko. Two hours later, he had isolated the problem to something completely different... and yet he had the necessary parts in stock anyway in case they were needed. He can get any manufacturer part, he says, in short order.

Sounds like a valuable guy to know. Can you be more specific about directions? Spanish, English, both?

Archived