Chapala.com Webboard

Place to Keep My Horse Near San Juan Cosala?

Hi all. It's the old "ASL" who has been around since 2010. I've been getting error messages on login for a long time now, and the link to the administrator didn't work, so I started a new account.

I'm looking for a place to keep my horse in/near San Juan Cosala. He's a nice boy, just barely three years old, was gelded about two months ago, generally has good manners, and stands about 13.3 hands.

Where he is now is not adequate. He has shelter, it's secure, and it's within walking distance, but there's nowhere to train him, lunge him, or let him get some exercise unless I hand-walk him. Also, the people next door throw all kinds of junk food over the wall thinking it's "cute", and I'm worried he'll eating something harmful.

I take full care of him, so I'm not looking for a boarding facility, although I'm open to any arrangement or sharing barn duties with someone else with a horse. I have a portable, hay storage bin and am with him two-three times per day. I keep his area clean and take full responsibility for his care.

I just need a large enough space for him to be comfortable, safe, and for me to be able to work with him and start training him. I also need access to water. I'm willing to build a shelter if the space is right.

Does anyone know of something that might work? Thanks.

You might also talk to the vaqueros at the horse stables on Paseo La Canacinta. That's in west Ajijic, look for the green cactus sign just west of the Oxxo/Pemex and Italian restaurant. The stables are down toward the Lake on the right, look for a big riding area with a double gate.

Archived