Chapala.com Webboard

What ever happened to the CFE Smart Meter fiasco

sparks

Johanson, could you tell me where in the site it says it is compulsory. I need to show that to the uys here as they are telling me everyone will be on it as of January 2015. I need to show them COMPULSORY::: hat does it say in Spanish exactly? I sure did not find anything like that so I must have missed something.

Sea I do not see the jan 2015 on the site either but his is what I was told.

I am returning to Ajijic Saturday so I do not have the time to put a cae. Down here they have not chaned any meters without permission so I am leaving without doing anything. Since I will come back down in January I will take the chance that they cut off the electricity and I will figure it out when I come back but I sure would like to see the ules in writing somewhere on their site.

I think we are fighting a losing battle, I have to say that going to CFE to pay the bill is one big back step.

They are so happy to tell you you can pick the date you will scan..1 5 10 15 20 25 ..or that you will not be charged to reconnect if the electricity is cut off because it is not paid in 10 days... Aren t they wonderful I have to pay someone to scan and pay so they can save money and we do not get a break..

I asked if I would et a discount but the answer was clear NO.

Johanson the alternative is purely voluntary for how long. You think that if they let go meter readers they will keep some for you alone?? I bet that will not last very long before they ive you a dead line like they are doing down here.

CFE in Chapala provided a handout, which I have a copy of, that I got it from eSunEnergy, the solar panel folks lakeside next to Dominos Pizza, and near Wal-Mart , that specifically states that this is a voluntary not a mandatory change. Sadly the independent sales folks who were hired by CFE to push these meters and get a commission for each new meter installed, sometimes tell the folks on the street another story, or without even checking simply convert the electric meters thinking they can get away with it. And sometimes they do, especially with those of us who speak no Spanish and come from other countries.

My Mexican property manager warned all of her clients to say no, and when asked they did say no. Yet apparently 4 of her clients were not asked and simply had their meters changed with the new card left under their front doors, and she has had to go to the Chapala CFE office to demand that these stupid new meters be removed.

Interestin , it is vey different down here . I willcall the o71 number and tell them I do not want it and see what they say

Here they do not chane the meters without permission but tell you we will have to convert,

Maybe each area as its own interpretation but the eneral sie sure does not say it is voluntary so do not be surprise if eventually we have to go with it Lakeside.

Archived