Chapala.com Webboard

Yesterday my name was Flea Buffet, Today I am Tula Bula, a Perfect 1-yr Old Pinscher-Terrier girl

1427nns.jpg

I don't want to say "Here we go again" because it's so redundant. Also... it's redundant.

Two days ago on a walk in La Floresta, Boomer and I came across THIS approx. 1-year old Pinscher-Terrier (according to Dr. Luis) -- just flat collapsed in the middle of the street. She was just exhausted, confused and hot and starving and thirsty. When I picked her up and cooed to her, she just leaned her head against my chest and cried and hung on to me as I took her home. Today she is feeling MUCH better. She had HUNDREDS of fleas on her. I took a flea bath with her (in my tub, not at the groomer, LOL) so that it wouldn't be so stressful for her. After letting her sleep with me last night, it was probably a good thing... I'm thinking about buying myself a flea collar! This adorable doggy needs a loving home. She is EXCEPTIONALLY calm and well-behaved. Doesn't bark, goes outdoors to evacuate (and being a girl, she doesn't piss on everything she sees -- she goes ONCE - lets it all out -- then doesn't have to go again for another 10 hours). She is so meek and kind, that even my cats have finally realized that she's a total pushover and they're no longer freaked out. They're kind of laughing at her actually. Please help me find her a new loving Human. She is healthy. Dr. Luis de-wormed and vaccinated her. She is not yet spayed. He wants to wait at least a week for her to do that. She had obviously never worn a collar. I got one on her on the second day and started a little easy-going leash training with her. She's super smart. God, she's adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dysvnc.jpg

Your post made me cry. I have two who were the same...so relieved to be in loving hands. I guess it's a blessing I'm not in law enforcement.... critter abusers would go DOWN!! HARD.

Thank you so much for keeping her safe. I would take them all if I could. Eleven has to be my limit. It's amazing how much love and devotion is wrapped up in those little furry bodies.

Your post made me cry. I have two who were the same...so relieved to be in loving hands. I guess it's a blessing I'm not in law enforcement.... critter abusers would go DOWN!! HARD.

Thank you so much for keeping her safe. I would take them all if I could. Eleven has to be my limit. It's amazing how much love and devotion is wrapped up in those little furry bodies.

Hi Cookie - I know what you mean. I started off by looking for her owner, but then I called off the search and began the process of finding a new home. I realized that she wasn't just lost -- but that she had been treated badly. First because I raised my arm to reach up to pull the overhead fan string, she cringed and tried to get back. She thought I was going to hit her! Made me cry. I picked her up again and kissed her and and soothed her. It didn't take long for her to learn that I wasn't going to hurt her, because now she sticks to me like glue and does that angelic dog gaze at me. But also, she heard a man outside yell, and she hid and was squealing & crying -- terrified! So obviously someone was doing a lot of screaming at her too. Since then, with lots of love, she's not scared of anything any more. She's very happy, tranquil and content. Her general personality is not that of a nervous dog. She hasn't been afraid of the rain & thunder storms from the last two nights, nor of the cohetes. She doesn't shiver. She doesn't bark. The few times she has -- it's not a yappy bark, and it lasted for about 9 seconds. She acts a lot more like an older dog. She doesn't want to run around lot and play. She just wants to relax and hang out with a loving human. This really makes her perfect for someone who desires that in their canine companion. Anyways, bless you for all the animals you have taken in as your own.

What constantly amazes me is their ability to forgive and forget. Almost two years ago they brought me a Maltese that had been dumped/left at a camp ground. She was like a wild thing. Lived under our bed for months..gradually started to trust...and now she clings to me so tightly you'd think she was trying to get under my skin! My short haired Chihuahua, Chelly Belle, couldn't even stand when they brought her to me. The owner had let her get bred by something too big and when she went into labor and couldn't have it...they left her at a groomer so they wouldn't have a vet bill. The huge dead baby was pulled, (when she was spayed later, they said her uterus was in tatters) Chelly was so far gone from pain and fever they didn't think she'd make it ..so they brought her to me. Not quite four pounds of bones and boobies. She could have fed a litter of Great Danes...but she couldn't even stand. Now she's my greeter. She loved EVERYONE! The only time that there's a hint of her past is when she thinks I don't love her...like being at the door and forgetting to let me know she's out there. She just wilts, but when I pick her up and love her...she just explodes with joy. The four pounds is a long ago memory. Our little fat girl is one healthy eater! Almost eight pounds. I would really encourage anyone who needs a little joy and love in their life to adopt a rescue. You'll never be lonely again.

What constantly amazes me is their ability to forgive and forget. Almost two years ago they brought me a Maltese that had been dumped/left at a camp ground. She was like a wild thing. Lived under our bed for months..gradually started to trust...and now she clings to me so tightly you'd think she was trying to get under my skin! My short haired Chihuahua, Chelly Belle, couldn't even stand when they brought her to me. The owner had let her get bred by something too big and when she went into labor and couldn't have it...they left her at a groomer so they wouldn't have a vet bill. The huge dead baby was pulled, (when she was spayed later, they said her uterus was in tatters) Chelly was so far gone from pain and fever they didn't think she'd make it ..so they brought her to me. Not quite four pounds of bones and boobies. She could have fed a litter of Great Danes...but she couldn't even stand. Now she's my greeter. She loved EVERYONE! The only time that there's a hint of her past is when she thinks I don't love her...like being at the door and forgetting to let me know she's out there. She just wilts, but when I pick her up and love her...she just explodes with joy. The four pounds is a long ago memory. Our little fat girl is one healthy eater! Almost eight pounds. I would really encourage anyone who needs a little joy and love in their life to adopt a rescue. You'll never be lonely again.

Cookie -- now you just made ME cry. God bless your kind heart. :)

Hi y'all - This is still Poe Bango, but now I have to be a re-newbie with 0 posts (now 1 after this) as Poe Bango2. I couldn't access my account with my regular password, and then I tried re-setting my password, but the username that kept coming to my email account was an older one that I no longer use. So I have to start off as a newbie-newbie again. Wahhh.. :( So if any of my friends on this board have sent any pm's to plain ol' Poe Bango in the last 3 days, I can't access them. Please get in touch with me again.

ANYWAYS: Update on this 1-year old Min-Pin, now named Jelly Bean (Bean for short). Bean was taken for a 21-hour test drive, and everyone realized it wasn't the right fit. I have had her with me and she has been cheerful and happy. She didn't want to go out in the Big World at first because she had been out there, scared and hungry, when I found her. But all it took was a few days of being loved, and she came out of her shell, and now she loves going for walks. She jumps up and down -- boing boing -- when I pick up the leash. She is now perfectly leash trained.

I'm actually NOT looking to give her to anyone right now because She was just spayed yesterday, and I don't want her to go through any more upsetting transitions until she is completely healed. When she is, I will put up a new post for her. It took a few days of her feeling like she could be herself to see what her true personality is, and I now see that she needs a very specific, special human. When I re-post, I'll detail her personality traits, and be more specific about what she is looking for. So she'll see you back on this board in about 2 weeks. :) Cheers from Little Bean!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm keeping Little Bean. This morning at 6:30 am she jumped up to go out to poop and was running around frantically -- she had bloody, poopy gelatinous blobs coming out. I called my vet on his cell phone and in 30 minutes, one of his vet associates met me at the clinic (Ladrons). Even though her poops and pee have been good in the last few weeks with me, the blood test indicated a chronic ongoing infection and anemia. I've been feeding her the best food (including the Ladron's BARF each day), but Hector said this comes from prior long term issues now asserting themselves. She will be well (we HOPE), but she had to be there all day on fluids and IV iron and antibiotics. She has to stay overnight. So say a little prayer, or send a happy thought beam, or just think a gentle thought -- by whatever name you wish to call it -- for Little Bean. Tomorrow I should be able to bring her home. And I've decided that her home will be forever with me/us. Thank you all to the loving animal community of Lakeside. You are INCREDIBLE.

Poe Bango...I am sending positive thOughts for a complete recovery for little Bean. I'm also not surprised you are keeping her. It was so obvious from your previous posts you two were meant for each other. You're both so fortunate to have found one another.

Archived