Chapala.com Webboard

Costco "Out of Stocks"?

Snafu

With Lakeside closed temporarily, I used Cynthia's personal shopper service for the first time. (cheaper than Lakeside too)

My last order with Lakeside had quite a few "Out of Stocks". This time, 40% of my order was "Out of Stock". While I didn't ask or complain, Cynthia volunteered that she talked with Costco about the "Out of Stocks" and was told Costco is having real problems getting things across the border.

Anybody have any other input? I can't imagine all of Costco's food sitting at the border, not able to come through.

That was happening to me as well with Lakeside Express which isn't their fault, of course. I don't know what is going on with Costco but they're even out of their own Kirkland brands at times. Lakeside Express said all the reordering is done automatically with their computer's inventory system so maybe there's a glitch there. It was really getting stupid.

How much is Cinthia charging to do your shopping? Thanks

$100 pesos per delivery, no item limit, as opposed to 15 pesos (minimum) per item elsewhere. It remains to be seen whether she'll be able to organize enough to handle all her increased business. She had to deliver my order on a Sunday.

In dollar terms, Costco's $50??? annual fee plus 5 gallons of gas round trip and she's a bargain. Plus, no impulse buying, my biggest Costco problem. Also, you can have items from Sam's Club, Mega, Office Depot & Home Depot included.

http://cynthiaornelas.wix.com/personal-assistant?_escaped_fragment_=shopping/c12cd#!shopping/c12cd

My five or six weekly items run 60 to 75 pesos, and I am missing Lakeside Express. It's great to have them. Couldn't do this back home in Canada.

Me, too. I think that there's probably enough potential business for both Lakeside Express and Cynthia as people realize how much money, time and aggravation those people can save us.

However, nothing can substitute for the "retail therapy" factor for those who enjoy shopping for its own sake. :unsure:

Would it be a good service to offer to drive people to Costco and Sam, waiting for them and bring them back home. Unload the car if needed.

I love shopping choosing different brand,

but not the driving. What do you think .?

You can hire a driver for that like one of the Miramontes or others.

Ham steaks are a staple item?

This past Sunday they were out of butter and smoked almonds.

Went to the Costco by Las Galarias today, out of all butter and Mediterranean salt again.

I love these Costco threads. :)

I'm headed to Costco again tomorrow afternoon. Kirkland butter and Tillamook cheese are on my list. I'll report back if they have them. I'll also ask at the front desk if there are any updates for the import delays.

I also provide driving in to GDL in case someone wants to plan a day for shopping with their friends.

Thanks,

Cynthia

Sorry, but I do not believe Costco has a significant problem with Aduana. Costco imports zillions of pesos worth of 'stuff' into Mexico every month. I think that by this time they have worked out the importation system to the highest level at Aduana.

I think the problem is one of supply. Butter was mentioned. How many cows do think it takes to supply just the Kirkland salt free butter that Costco needs to stock all of its stores in North America? A reliable and constant supply for products has to be a huge problem for all stores....imagine what it is like for Costco.

Archived