Chapala.com Webboard

KC Royals in World Series

hkrause

Thanks! Good to know we're not the ONLY ones around here celebrating. :)

Another I-70 Series would be really incredible, and it's still possible. Watching to see what happens.

Heather

Bigd, "I-70 Series" was just the nickname they gave the 1985 World Series between KC Royals and St. Louis... both of which are on opposite sides of the same state, joined by Interstate-70. It would just be fun if there were a re-match of the same teams. The '85 Series was pretty dramatic.

Heather

No I-70 Series, but that's fine. We have family members on both sides of the fence, so I'm hoping they'll get a nice trash talk session going.

Sydgirl, we're thinking alike. I figure there's not enough time to buy & ship shirts down here before the series, so we're making our own as well. Making-do with the difficult fan environment. Hoping to just have ours printed at the T-shirt place. We'll be a small voice from a distance, but hopefully can add to the overall Royals energy level!

GO ROYALS!

Heather

• 2 weeks later...

Would have to be someplace that's open fairly late, but it's on regular FOX (US) channel, so I'd guess anyplace with US satellite would have it? We never watch sports at bars, so I'm not familiar with who shows stuff like that. Maria Isabel's?? I've seen them showing sports there before... you might check with them. Their FB page shows that they had a US Football game on before: https://www.facebook.com/mariaisabelajijic

Congrats to the Giants, who played an awesome game and series.

Thanks to the Royals for an unexpected and incredible season, coming out of nowhere to thrill KC fans! After a nearly 30-year drought, we greatly appreciate what this team has done!

Heather

That double play cut the heart out of the Royals. It would have been 1st and 3rd with nobody out. What a turnaround.

I played and played at baseball for 22 years and watched a million games, and I've never seen a better defensive infield play in the most important and pressure laden game that anyone could ever play in.

Kudos and more from a Royals fan.

Great game, great series. Lots of memories there. (Joe Panik! Best name in baseball....and yes, what a play!!!) And then there was Pablo Sandoval......AND......Madison Bumgarner. Wow.

All down to the very last out in the seventh game. Can't ask for more than that.

Yay to the Royals and all their fans. What a wonderful heart-filled team! Even as a native Californian I was (secretly) rooting for you guys!

With all the Giant's misadventures on Gordon's last "triple" - I think I saw in just one replay, that the throw from left field was not even close to ready, when Gordon could have rounded 3'rd - which leads to an armchair-question.

Given that Bumgarner was pitching so strongly - and that the home base ump was calling even Bumgarner's very low and away pitches "strikes" (6 inches outside the strike zone in both low and away directions - 3 times according to the computer box): Do you think Gordon should have rounded 3'rd at full speed and gone home ?

Kudos to Panik for that awesome play that not only took away a key single, but triggered a double-play.
Panik's play eliminated the problem of very fast runners at first and third, with no outs in the 3'rd inning.
Think how the game would have been with 1 or 2 more Royals runs.

Congrats to the Giants!

What a great post season this was ! fun fun fun

Archived