Chapala.com Webboard

We are moving about 5 blocks away. Not far, but we have a lot of stuff and that necessitates hiring a crew. Probably 4-5 guys arriving TOMORROW a.m. It's grunt day. We're paying a King's Ransom (not really) to the boss. So here's the question: is it appropriate, in Mexico - not based on where you used to live - to give the boss a propina to distribute to the crew? Every fiber in my body and all my instincts say absolutely, yes. So....anybody brave enough to suggest an amount for a full day/crew that size?

Tipping threads are always such fun! Thanks.

Do you REALLY want to start a discussion about tipping here? You are braver than I am. Good luck.

BTW, I have no pertinent information to offer because I have never had more stuff to move than a gardener could not help me move with his pickup truck. And, since he charged me so little, I tipped him 50% thus ruining it for everybody here forever. Good luck. :D

Yikes. And I just noticed a thread about Ebola on Chapala.com....

Never mind. Seriously, never mind. Kill the topic. I've already decided what I'm going to do tomorrow. I'm going to be way too busy to participate in any of the discussion/responses, so I'd encourage a moderator to shut this thread down if they see it.

Delete the thread or lock it or whatever, por favor!!! It was a bad idea to begin with.

Xena, I envy your easy moves. We have too much junk!!! :wacko:

I had Winston from LCM move my stuff out of storage by Dominos to my new home in the West end. His crew were great and it was hard work I gave each of the guys 200P tip

I always tip the moving guys Winsons crew has moved me 4 times in the years I have lived they have been professional and arrive on time with the equipment they need to protect my stuff.

I would wait and see how good a jobe they do before giving them a tip. I would give it directly to the guys who did the work not the boss.

Archived