Chapala.com Webboard

Bancomer charges for on line banking ? ?

Rony

I only opened up an account with them a month ago, depositing 4000 pesos, to start with, and to avoid the monthly fee. This morning, I checked and they took out 230 pesos for "SERV BANCA INTERNET/ OPS SERV BCA" ....

Is this going to be another monthly fee, but for on line banking now ? Or is it yearly ? I could not find anything about this on their website.

I understand that banks are trying to make money, but I don't like the sneeky part of it. A customer should be informed about this, when opening up an account (I had an on line account in the past with them and the on line banking part was free,..... therefore, I did not even ask this time).

Rony

I just double checked my acct and nada. The last activity was Las Palmas on the 2nd of Sept, no other charges.

strange...... and ofcourse, now I went under the 4000 pesos minimum, so I will pay again.

I was planning to add some money to that account, but not that soon......

Belgicano 0 - Bank 1 ...... again

Rony

The 4000 is a monthly average of 4000, so you can go under, just make sure to have days of over too to balance it out.

Hanging on the wall in Bancomer is the chart with all the fees for all the different accounts. For the El Libreton sin cheques I don't remember seeing a fee for online. I suggest going in on Monday or Tuesday and talking to Lilian, she is super helpful.

I just contacted their call center and they could not help me and asked me to call another number tomorrow.

A couple of years ago, I had this going on with Santander, with a monthy insurance fee (that I did not want and never asked for) they automatically took out of my account...... after 3 or 4 long visits to the bank..... they cancelled it and 3 months later, it started all over again and money was taken out of my account..... very tiring and time consuming all that (I cancelled that account than, and cut my losses).

A battle that is sometimes hard to win. Isn't a bank supposed to be a place, where you safely put your money so that you don't have to worry ??

What I hate about this day and age is that one has to check everything and one loses more and more trust.

Well, never mind, there might be a good, simple explanation still.

Guest bennie2

rony, this is world wide across the board, everything is a big scam. w/the dumbed down public, the internet, banking mergers, it's a global circus. you cant leave a stone unturned. i have a recommendation, will PM you later or tomarrow. my bank here screwed up & even returned the fee they charged. i had to press them, but finally it was returned.

You received one of those little keypad things for generating an "acceso seguro" number right? If so, that is what the charge is for and is a one time charge. This same thing happened to me just recently and I didn't have a clue what the deduction was for. I emailed Lilia and she didn't know what it was for either and said I should call the English speaking Bancomer help number 01-800-228-2728. I did and that is when the told me if was for the keypad thing. I received one several years ago and I don't think they charged me then, and when I let Lilia know what they had said she said she didn't realize they were charging for that, so this must be something new. I'm sure those keypads do cost something and I'm glad for the extra security they provide. Just one more "benefit" they aren't "giving"to the customer for free. It is always easier to get your money into a bank (any bank) than it is to get it back out.

You received one of those little keypad things for generating an "acceso seguro" number right? If so, that is what the charge is for and is a one time charge. This same thing happened to me just recently and I didn't have a clue what the deduction was for. I emailed Lilia and she didn't know what it was for either and said I should call the English speaking Bancomer help number 01-800-228-2728. I did and that is when the told me if was for the keypad thing. I received one several years ago and I don't think they charged me then, and when I let Lilia know what they had said she said she didn't realize they were charging for that, so this must be something new. I'm sure those keypads do cost something and I'm glad for the extra security they provide. Just one more "benefit" they aren't "giving"to the customer for free. It is always easier to get your money into a bank (any bank) than it is to get it back out.

How completely bizarre. My Bancomer account doesn't have a keypad thing, though my wife's Santander account does. An aside: there was no charge when she got it from Santander, but they will charge her if she loses it and needs another one.

When I need to pay online using my Bancomer account, I type in Bancomer's card number, the bank instantly sends a message with a payment authorization code to my cell phone. I then type the authorization code into the online purchase form. Simple and fast. Isn't it amazing that one bank can have so many ways of doing a thing?

How completely bizarre. My Bancomer account doesn't have a keypad thing, though my wife's Santander account does. An aside: there was no charge when she got it from Santander, but they will charge her if she loses it and needs another one.

When I need to pay online using my Bancomer account, I type in Bancomer's card number, the bank instantly sends a message with a payment authorization code to my cell phone. I then type the authorization code into the online purchase form. Simple and fast. Isn't it amazing that one bank can have so many ways of doing a thing?

That surprises me too. I would have thought that they use one same system for the whole country.

I went to the bank this morning and they told me that it "probably" was because I had a keypad thing in the past and did not return it, when I closed my account a year and a half ago. Opening up an account, last month, they gave me another one, but I never thought much of it, as they must be so inexpensive....... (yet, they charged me 230 pesos for it).

It would be nice though to get some short on line explanation, (preferably) before or even after they withdraw some of your money...... and not the few vague words.

Rony

• 1 year later...

I just got this charge in November, 2015, after having the electronic keypad for well over a year. If that's what the $230 pesos is for, that's tolerable, but I was never told I would be charged for this and now I'll have to scan my statement very carefully every month to make sure this charge doesn't recur and that other hidden charges have not been made to my account.

Archived