Chapala.com Webboard

Volaris sale

lobita

The only airlines that fly between GDL and DFW are the high priced ones. Hence, I was able to book a ticket on Volaris for a longer flight from GDL to Phoenix, return, for half the price of the shorter flights to DFW from GDL.

San Antonio, unfortunately, is still a long way from DFW. There is a huge Mexican population in DFW. I have to assume that the high priced guys are probably successful thus far in keeping Volaris or Interjet out.

The only airlines that fly between GDL and DFW are the high priced ones. Hence, I was able to book a ticket on Volaris for a longer flight from GDL to Phoenix, return, for half the price of the shorter flights to DFW from GDL.

San Antonio, unfortunately, is still a long way from DFW. There is a huge Mexican population in DFW. I have to assume that the high priced guys are probably successful thus far in keeping Volaris or Interjet out.

I think each airport has fees and taxes for their services and possibly DFW´s are too high at the present time for Volaris to want to fly there. It is a huge hub and their overhead might be high and need to make a profit to pay off the loans for the expansions they keep doing.

Other airports have been finished for years or decades and possibly have decent fees that Volaris and other budget airlines are attracted to.

The big challenge for an airline getting into an airport is capacity. Most gates at most airports are completely committed to specific airlines. So regardless of the fees, Volaris will face a challenge getting access to gates at additional airports. That is why their relationship with Southwest is important to expansion into the U.S. Southwest could allow Volaris to piggyback on their gate assignments.

With Love in Dallas and Hobby in Houston the issue includes adding customs & immigration so they can handle international flights. Just found this article - looks like international flights to Hobby are going to happen. Good news for us as our daughter lives in Houston!!!

http://www.fly2houston.com/hobbyinternational

Volaris and Southwest had a quasi code share beginning in 2012 that fell apart in 2013. Neither company would disclose why the arrangement failed. I know the ticket purchase interface didn't work well at all. There were also baggage transfer problems.

Southwest and AirTran have started flying internationally but nothing yet to Guadalajara.

Archived