Chapala.com Webboard

Photos for permanente

bdlngton

I turned in all the paper work for my permanente visa today at INM and noticed the signs around the office that say photos from Farmacia Guadalajara will no longer be accepted effective August 1 and that photos must be done by a photo studio. I'm no sure how they can tell the difference between a Farmacia Guadalajara photo and a studio one if they are not in the FG envelope. Has anyone turned in Farmacai Guadalajara since August 1? Did you encounter any questions about the photos?

Yo se que Foto Luz es expensive and the photos are bad. Maybe there's a decent one in Ajijic? Or I'll try Zaragoza. Or maybe IMN will accept a self portrait. That would be a hoot. Thanks all.

• 3 weeks later...

The studio photos also tolerate the heat of lamination much better.

FWIW, I asked Juan Marquez's receptionist/assistant today about using photos from Farmacia for my temporal; she said essentially the same thing, and that I might be turned away at the immigration office, have to make another appointment, etc.

I just used Foto Zaragoza for my photos for my permanente. It cost 120 p. and after I explained that I would like them the same day, so I would not have to make a return trip from West Ajijic, the lady photog had them ready in an hour. Professional studio--I actually look good in the photos. No appt. necessary, but there was one person ahead of me so I waited about 15 minutes. Foto Zaragoza is on Lopez Cotilla, which runs west into the main blvd. along the north side of the mercagdo. The shop is about 2 blocks east of the blvd. So, from Ajijic you go into Chapala, go across the main blvd, go 2 blocks and take a left on Zaragoza, then another left on Lopez Cotilla, then look for a foto shop with a rose wall on your left just before the funeral parlor. Warning, it is hard to find a parking space! I had to park quite a way away.

I just used Foto Zaragoza for my photos for my permanente. It cost 120 p. and after I explained that I would like them the same day, so I would not have to make a return trip from West Ajijic, the lady photog had them ready in an hour. Professional studio--I actually look good in the photos. No appt. necessary, but there was one person ahead of me so I waited about 15 minutes. Foto Zaragoza is on Lopez Cotilla, which runs west into the main blvd. along the north side of the mercagdo. The shop is about 2 blocks east of the blvd. So, from Ajijic you go into Chapala, go across the main blvd, go 2 blocks and take a left on Zaragoza, then another left on Lopez Cotilla, then look for a foto shop with a rose wall on your left just before the funeral parlor. Warning, it is hard to find a parking space! I had to park quite a way away.

That is the studio that we have used for all our needs in the last 13 years, as it was just down the street from our home and the service was very good.

Sadly, we have moved away.......

Laugh if you wish, but we took our own photos and then had prints made, and cut them to size. We did it for FM3, FM2, inmigrante and residente permanente, INAPAM and for our US passports. We have never had them refused.

Cost runs about 5 pesos for all photos of both of us.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived