Chapala.com Webboard

A new Restaurant 4 opening?

Mainecoons

I'm not certain in my recollection but I think the ad is on Page 8 of today's paper.

It is definitely the same address. I recall when the old Four was closing there were rumors someone else was going to reopen it.

Correction: Page 7, lower right hand corner. Says they are opening next friday at 6PM with "live everything."

I'm not certain in my recollection but I think the ad is on Page 8 of today's paper.

It is definitely the same address. I recall when the old Four was closing there were rumors someone else was going to reopen it.

When a sign says they are closed for vacation, it generally mentions the re-opening date. The sign on #4 didn't. However, when we drove by on the way home about a half hour ago, the door was open and someone was heading in there. Only the Shadow knows what's what at this point. IMO, the location is attractive enough that if someone charged reasonable prices, there's no reason they couldn't succeed.

Quatro Comida is the name of the new place Kim was planning on opening in Toronto. She told me she was reluctant to sell the Number 4 name along with the place unless she felt that the buyer hey would maintain her standards. Curious to learn what's playing out here.

I got an email this morning with basically the ad that was in the Reporter. I used to be on Kim's email list so I'm thinking she must be involved. The title of the email was REAPERTURA CON NUEVOS SOCIOS! (REOPEN WITH NEW PARTNERS!) Can't wait to see what all they'll be serving since the ad says 'with live everything'

I got an email this morning with basically the ad that was in the Reporter. I used to be on Kim's email list so I'm thinking she must be involved. The title of the email was REAPERTURA CON NUEVOS SOCIOS! (REOPEN WITH NEW PARTNERS!) Can't wait to see what all they'll be serving since the ad says 'with live everything'

The possibilities are appalling. :o

I'd be willing to equate Kim's rumored plans with Thor's rumored plans...

Really? Let's see....Number 4 opened in 2008, I think, and has been open ever since. I have no idea what may or may not be coming at the new version, etc., but it strikes me as entirely unfair to compare the two restauranteurs based on track record.

Number Four closed seemingly forever. After just over a month the reopening was announced with an ad in the Guadalajara Reporter and by emails sent to hundreds of people.

Thor closed his restaurant with vague promises of renovating a new site and reopening someday to be announced in the future--and was never heard from again.

I fail to see any similarity.

Archived