Chapala.com Webboard

How to get new MSN page back to English

sm1mex

Recently MSN changed their home page. It is all in Spanish. There is no option to translate to English, even when right clicking on the page. Even with VPN connected, it is still all in Spanish.

How do we get this back to English. We have Googled MSN.com English and it still comes up in Spanish. HELP !!

Traveler, I just tried the link and I got that same Prodigy/Mexican MSN page.

I can read the Spanish, but don't like the layout. I can get to my Outlook page for mail, but would really like the old MSN back, too. Don't know what to do.

Traveler, I just tried the link and I got that same Prodigy/Mexican MSN page.

I can read the Spanish, but don't like the layout. I can get to my Outlook page for mail, but would really like the old MSN back, too. Don't know what to do.

Go to MSN.com in Chrome.

On the top right is a little gear symbol. Click that

Then go to configure and set it to English.

Just about everyone is affected... they've changed their server settings, which causes an IP refresh, which tells them we are in Mexico again, which causes the language to change. However, in all browsers (IE, Safari, Chrome, Firefox, makes no difference) there is a gear icon in the upper right. When you click on it, one of your choices will be Country and Language. If MSN is your home page, you now have to reset your browser to reflect this new "cookie".

I had a customer today whose screen is too small to see everything on the MSN page, and couldn't find the gear icon. Another customer's screen refused to scroll up or down, so she couldn't see the icon either.

And I agree. It now looks real purdy but is ridiculously difficult to use. And the Money page now requires you to sign in if you want to personalize your view. I set this up for a customer this morning, and when we tried to log in, it told us our password was wrong. =sigh= We had just completed setting up a new account. So I went through the steps to get the password changed =double sigh= and waited for the email. Didn't come... didn't come... Arrived two hours later, and said our information was not accurate enough to allow a password change.

In Firefox if you click on the head and shoulders image next to the gear icon you get and option to "Cambiar idioma and contenido:". Same thing in Chrome and IE, at least for me using Windows 7 Home Premium.

Archived