Chapala.com Webboard

Photos of the Best

LakeViews

Upload your photos of Your favorite dishes lakeside here. Whatever food you think others might enjoy. I know tastes will vary but why not? I'll post a few...

Gossips- My favorite burger. I went a little overboard on the Heinz but it is really good. Nice quality ground rib eye with cheese and bacon. This dish is not for vegetarians. Not the cheapest, not the largest, but the best lakeside in my book.

2bzofs.jpg

Gossips Shrimp Étouffée - amazing, the best I've ever had.

j8zepj.jpg

Viva Mexico....

Chiles en Nogada, wow. I think I've had this dish the last 4 times at Viva Mexico. It is wonderful.

That, a margarita, some roasted salsa and/or some guacamole and I am in paradise.

9fwjz4.jpg

Rose Petal Chicken is a nice dish too.

2ekk9dw.jpg

The Mole and Molacajete are great dishes too, just no pics of them...

La Palapa - is a palapa located at the beginning of the San Juan Cosala malecon.

Fun location and nice local experience.

They are open Friday through Monday starting at 1:00. Ana and Noe own and operate la Palapa.

Amazing shrimp sarendaeado right on the malecon. Shrimp Vallarta ( shrimp stuffed with cheese and wrapped in bacon), as well as the shrimp rellano are good too! Wood grill adds nice flavor. The guacamole and ceviche are also excellent.

1zn7506.jpg

2958y14.jpg

149xc0p.jpg

Okay, I'm game. Those photos are great and made me hungry. Here's what I had today at Chile Verde in Ajijic. I try never to miss a Tuesday as their special is albondigas soup - the best I've ever had.

Thanks 5 Jacks - albondigas soup and Chile Verde are now on my list!

Chile Verde is on Hidalgo just a few doors west of Colon on the south side of the street. It's very small...only 3 tables. They do a huge carry-out and delivery business, but there's no substitute for actually eating there. Open from 8am until 4 pm. You generally have to get there before 2 pm if you want the daily special. The carne en su jugo served on Fridays is also fabulous, as is pozole on Saturdays.

Great idea for a thread Lakeviews! Your photos make me hungry....and your photos have convinced me to try a couple of dishes that I haven't. The Shrimp Etouffée at Gossip for sure, and also Zarendeado offerings at both Lety's and (never been) La Palapa in SJC. The photos are gorgeous and super enticing! (But, unfortunately, I never bring my camera to restaurants.)

5Jacks....since you seem fluent in the schedule of Chile Verde in Ajijic on Hidalgo just west of Colon, I'd love to hear more. Would you be willing to devote a separate thread to it with what their semi-regular daily specials are? Are they sort of consistent with stuff, or is more of a "What do you have today?" kind of place? I've already noted the meatball soup in chile verde on Tuesday....Carne en su jugo on Fridays....and pozole on Saturdays. When is Chile Rellenos day??? Like I said, probably a different thread/discussion. I'm hungry!

5Jacks....since you seem fluent in the schedule of Chile Verde in Ajijic on Hidalgo just west of Colon, I'd love to hear more. Would you be willing to devote a separate thread to it with what their semi-regular daily specials are? Are they sort of consistent with stuff, or is more of a "What do you have today?" kind of place? I've already noted the meatball soup in chile verde on Tuesday....Carne en su jugo on Fridays....and pozole on Saturdays. When is Chile Rellenos day??? Like I said, probably a different thread/discussion. I'm hungry!

Sure thing, Travis! I'm going to go there tomorrow for the carne en su jugo and I will create a post explaining their entire menu and daily specials. I will try to get as many pictures as possible since they add so much more flavor to a post.

Just so you're not kept in suspense, chile rellenos are available anytime, every day, and they are awesome. You get two good sized chiles per order with rice and beans.

They are open every day except Sundays.

Archived