Chapala.com Webboard

Need to buy a (used) Refrigerator and Washing Machine

Travis

I'm looking to buy a used refrigerator/freezer and washing machine.

Refrigerator: Must be energy efficient, so probably not more than a few years old. I don't need any of the extra features like ice-maker or in door water dispenser, etc. No more than 44 inches wide (110 centimeters).

Washing Machine: I don't care how old this is or what it looks like as long as it's in good working condition.

I have been to ElectroVenta to see what they have. But if someone needs to sell one because you are moving or buying a different model, please contact me via private message.

Thanks.

The new store "El Bodegon" behind the Chapala market seems to have good prices...... and what I like most : they told me that they can deliver (most of the time) on the moment that you pay for it AND that if something is not working well, within the first week,..... they will simply replace it (unlike some other stores, where it gets send to technical departments and in meanwhile, ......you have nothing).

Rony

Electro-Venta in Riberas is very reliable and they guarantee used, reconditioned appliances for (I think) 3 months. Check often, as things come and go regularly.They delivered my last purchase, and also that of a friend. Can't say "today".

Also VERY good for service -- have used them for over 15 years off and on (not always present location), and have bought new and used from them.

Another option -- put WANTED ads in e-classifieds of this board. Good luck!

Thanks, Rony. Does El Bodegón sell only new appliances? I don't really need brand new....still, I'll check their prices for reference.

Only new..... Here at Lakeside, the price difference between new and 2nd hand is often not that big.

I saw the same microwave there (a Daewoo), 500 pesos cheaper than in Coppell..... same with some refrigerators.

Rony

Thanks Ginger and ComputerGuy for the FB info. And thanks for the additional info Rony.

Lakeside101, pretty sure Rony means behind the Municipal Market (the plaza) in Chapala as far as the location of El Bodegón.

That is exactly right, on Juarez.

Compared to all the other stores (Electra, Coppel, Meubles Americas,.....etc), for new items, they might have the best prices.

This morning, I saw 3 washing machines at the Chapala consignment shop (142, Morelos): 2 Whirlpools and one Easy (this one had a dryer on the top).

Rony

OK. I've been to Walmart, Tio Sams, El Bodegón looking at new stuff, and Electro-Venta (new and used) and consignment store in Chapala. Lots of reasonable choices for washing machines. Need to focus on the refrigerator, which I've discovered, is a much more expensive item. (Can you tell I know nothing about shopping?)

Anybody looking to offload a good condition used refri that doesn't suck too much electricity?

• 2 months later...

I think you mean ELECTROVENTA, located in Riberas del Pilar, on the south side of the carretera. Their sign is easy to see and the front doors are usually open with lots of appliances visible from the road.

OK. I've been to Walmart, Tio Sams, El Bodegón looking at new stuff, and Electro-Venta (new and used) and consignment store in Chapala. Lots of reasonable choices for washing machines. Need to focus on the refrigerator, which I've discovered, is a much more expensive item. (Can you tell I know nothing about shopping?)

Anybody looking to offload a good condition used refri that doesn't suck too much electricity?

Travis, if the fridge was made in Mexico, look on the back. It will have a sticker that tells you the energy use. Best ones are Energy Star-rated. But it will actually say expected Kwh per year.

If it was made in U.S. and brought here by foreigners before being "traded in" it will have the same info. But if it was imported, say by stores like Electro-Venta, then border regulations require ALL that type of labelling to be removed.

I learned this when I recently shopped for (and subsequently bought) a fridge at Electro-Venta.

So how did I find out what I wanted to know about the candidate fridge? I took the model and serial number off the fridge (locations vary, inside the fridge somewhere), the brand, and then went on line. You can actually do a search and get the specs and even the user manual for any appliance you want!

Happy hunting!

• 1 year later...

Archived