Chapala.com Webboard

Thank goodness once again for this web board!

There is a lot of information and my next question is in regard to the ins and outs of Vermox Plus.

Which is Mebendazole / Quinfamide.

Some wait for an stomach disturbance, while others take this as a preventive.

Even the dosage rule of thumb differs:

One person says take both tablets (two come in the box) at once.

Yet another says take one of the two tablets.

Yet another recommendation is take this one, then one a month later.

Also, there are many different recommended followups/repeat dosing. Such as every 6 or 12 months.

For someone who is (115) petite, vs a 185 pound man, is one tablet a better dose?

What category does Vermox plus ingredients fall into... specifically the MEBENDAZOLE / QUINFAMIDE? Does your system build up resistance to this or are there other drawbacks to dosing with this?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forget Vermox. Use tincture of garlic. Easy on the body. You can find the tincture at the Tuesday Organic Market. 10 drops in a small amount of water 3X day for a week will take care of your problem. Can be used as a treatment or as a preventative. No side effects.

Forget Vermox. Use tincture of garlic. Easy on the body. You can find the tincture at the Tuesday Organic Market. 10 drops in a small amount of water 3X day for a week will take care of your problem. Can be used as a treatment or as a preventative. No side effects.

Thanks for this information... I will look this up at the market.

I sent you a PM

You cand drink sodas when doing vermox. Locals do it every 6 months.

You should also check the actual temp on your refrigerator since even a cold 42 degrees can cause food to begin bacteria growth.

Pineaple for morning lunch and dinner is said to do the job

I don't drink sodas... but good to know... for husband does. How long after taking it should he stay clear of soda?

Which brings me to this.... Where can I get a refrigerator thermometer?

Wasn't aware on the benefit of Pineapple... I shall look that one up!

Thanks for this information.

Best bet - see a good doctor.

Right.. should I have an active stomach ailment that will not quit... Then I will see a Dr.

I am hoping that the Drs here are better than in the states, where I run around in circles asking for the stomach tests to be run.

Speaking of which...

What Drs are most thorough when it comes to a stomach ailment?

Thanks for responding!

Here's one way: If it's just a little stomach problem, take the Vermox according to label instructions. If it persists for more than a couple of days, get a stool sample (in one of the sample containers which is sterile) and take it to the lab which deals with your doc. You may have something Vermox can't help with. Like amoebas. Those are dangerous if they spread to your system, including your brain. (oh eeek!)

Haven't tried the garlic or pineapple, so can't comment on that route.

Right.. should I have an active stomach ailment that will not quit... Then I will see a Dr.

I am hoping that the Drs here are better than in the states, where I run around in circles asking for the stomach tests to be run.

Speaking of which...

What Drs are most thorough when it comes to a stomach ailment?

Thanks for responding!

Have a sample analyzed at care clinic next to Maskaras and then take the results to Dr. Garcia. FYI - you can have an amoeba or parasite and have no symptoms at all. Vermox Plus does not treat all the things you can get. A professional needs to get you on the right meds for the right bug. Most of the treatments require that you not drink anything alcoholic. I HATE that part!!!

Here's one way: If it's just a little stomach problem, take the Vermox according to label instructions. If it persists for more than a couple of days, get a stool sample (in one of the sample containers which is sterile) and take it to the lab which deals with your doc. You may have something Vermox can't help with. Like amoebas. Those are dangerous if they spread to your system, including your brain. (oh eeek!)

Haven't tried the garlic or pineapple, so can't comment on that route.

Thanks... and I am sure there is a lot that Vermox doesn't cover. Still wondering if it is an effective preventive.

Thanks again!

Have a sample analyzed at care clinic next to Maskaras and then take the results to Dr. Garcia. FYI - you can have an amoeba or parasite and have no symptoms at all. Vermox Plus does not treat all the things you can get. A professional needs to get you on the right meds for the right bug. Most of the treatments require that you not drink anything alcoholic. I HATE that part!!!

Well at least there are treatments... and quite frankly I can do without both soda and alcohol if my stomach is doing flip flops already... lol ... so not a prob if that is a requirement with a treatment.

So Dr. Garcia is good... thanks for the recommendation... Do you have his location and number/info?

I use it preventative every six months. You can look up the info on it online. Yes, it does kill amebas. According to an MD pharmacist, One pill is one day, one pill the next day. Do lots of kefir and/or yogurt to get the good bacteria restored.

So you do the one pill the first day, and then the second pill the next day. The good bacteria takes a hit from the Mebendazole / Quinfamide in the Vermox? Is that why you do lots of Kefir or yogurt to restore? Am I understanding that correctly?

Doctor recommendations vary widely. You can research this topic and read years of opinion. The Integrity Clinic is fairly consistently recommended. Garcia is not, as well as Leon and other docs, but liked by some.

The integrity Clinic is where Dr Garcia is/isn't?

What is your opinion of Dr Garcia and Dr. Leon?

Any other recommendations also appreciated. I'd rather know of a Dr for this (having a sensitive stomach) and

other health challenges prior to those challenges finding me!

I had the misfortune of getting amoebas and ended up at the doctor. While in the throes of this, I asked him if he advises taking vermox every 6 months as a preventative. He looked at me a little disgustedly and said "Would you take penicillin every 6 months just in case you have strep throat?" He then went on to explain that if one has a tummy problem one needs to get a lab test done in order to know what the problem is so you can take the right med. It isn't always amoebas. So no, even after having had them, I don't take vermox "just in case". It won't work unless you have them, and if you have them, my experience is that it will drive you to the doctor. That said, I do know people that take it on a regular basis.

I had the misfortune of getting amoebas and ended up at the doctor. While in the throes of this, I asked him if he advises taking vermox every 6 months as a preventative. He looked at me a little disgustedly and said "Would you take penicillin every 6 months just in case you have strep throat?" He then went on to explain that if one has a tummy problem one needs to get a lab test done in order to know what the problem is so you can take the right med. It isn't always amoebas. So no, even after having had them, I don't take vermox "just in case". It won't work unless you have them, and if you have them, my experience is that it will drive you to the doctor. That said, I do know people that take it on a regular basis.

Makes sense what you said above.

ok.. so it is a mixed review on this... where some say... hey this is like taking penicillin... and hmmm did he mean this is in that antibiotic family? And some say... ingest this or that, for your system will be fortified to deal with stomach assaults.

Maybe.. Just Maybe... unlike the states, where the doctor ran the stomach problem for just a few different sources, then throws up his hands if the tests come up empty... would you say that the doctors in this community are familiar with the ins and outs of travelers stomach challenges, testing included?

I am just thinking preventive, for it is maybe easier to prevent than to treat... much like most illnesses?

Vermox plus will kill what you have if it is the right treatment for that particular bug but will not help you at all for what you might get the next day. Dr. Garcia has always been good for me. He actually keeps a record of your visits and ailments.

That's good to know. Thank you.

Vermox is not a preventative. Amoebriz is. Take it 2 or 3 times per year.

Ok.. so we have another (Amoebriz) contender in this preventive category. However, when I looked up this Amoebriz online, it states that the key ingredients are the same as Vermox Plus. In fact here is the quote copied and pasted...

"Hello;

welcome to HealthcareMagic

Amoebriz is a formulatio containing Mebendazole and Quinfamide and acts against intestinal parasites and worms.Normally well tolerated in all age group but occassionally like all medicines in few people it can cause side effects likeallergy to the ingredients can cause rash;abdominal pain;diarrhoea;long term use can cause neutropenia;disturbed liver functions;steven johnsons syndrome;and even anaphylaxis.Quinafamide also causes stomach upset;nausea;abdominal pain flatulence etc.Commonly side effects are not seen so you can take it and you should feel better."

And that said (the above quote), the side effects are the same for both. Hmmmm. Interesting huh?

Years ago I had extensive services with Garcia over six months. He even told me the charges were so much higher there than other places because he had to get my history on his computer.

Within a year he could find no record of my ever having been there! I returned three times, insisting on a copy my records. Never found!

So there u have it. Different people, different experiences.

Do not take any medecine if you are not sick. If youget sick get checked and take the medecine for what you have. That is what we do .

We have been here for 13 years, did not get sick the first couple of years then we got sick a lot with amoebas, samonela and other things but we have not gotten sick for the last 4 years so these things come and go. I guess it depends where you live, what you do and where you go, do not sweat it just take it as it comes

and do not take medecine when you do not have to.

No matter what tak to your doctor before taking any medecine .

Thank you...

I was viewing Vermox as a preventive, before people said that it wipes out good bacteria.

Now I am more interested in natural preventives (holistic), and open to hearing from others on that

subject.

Of course if I get hit with a stomach problem... A good Doctor should be consulted. Good being

the key word. So I am also interested in which Doctors come recommended.

Do not take any medecine if you are not sick. If youget sick get checked and take the medecine for what you have. That is what we do .
We have been here for 13 years, did not get sick the first couple of years then we got sick a lot with amoebas, samonela and other things but we have not gotten sick for the last 4 years so these things come and go. I guess it depends where you live, what you do and where you go, do not sweat it just take it as it comes
and do not take medecine when you do not have to.
No matter what tak to your doctor before taking any medecine .

Archived