Chapala.com Webboard

iOS 8 WARNING FOR IPAD2

Wait. What?

if you have the iPad 2 DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE NEW VERSION OF IOS8. It has totally screwed mine up in every way possible. Lost games, passwords, no icons, realllly slow and bloated. So many adverse affects. Check the reviews (next time I will before downloading) for other iOS devices. Seems to be a miss on most. On hold with apple for over one hour. As rep picked up, call was dropped. Arrrrgggghh.

Downloaded to my iPad 4. Didn't have enough storage for a direct download. Connected ipad to computer and downloaded via iTunes. Worked OK until it tried to extract program. Kept hanging up at that point. Changed my vpns a on both machines to USA and it finished process in 10 minutes. My battery life is better now than before. New features? Just learning about them.

Tried to download same way to ipad 2, but time for first step said 5 hours. The ipad 4 's first step was 58 minutes. So, I'll try another day... Maybe.

Carol

Thank you for all the insights. I had horrendous problems with my iPad2 when I downloaded iOS7 and I don't want to go through that again.

I did download iOS8 to my iPhone4s yesterday and haven't had any trouble--yet.

Apple: can't live with them, can't live without them.

Everyone told me not to download it to my iPhone 4s, but I have had no issues and no lags. But, I mainly use that for messaging, as a phone and as a camera.

I actually have a few friends that have downloaded it to their ipad 2 with no issues.

I had a hard time getting it onto my iPad air, mainly because my internet connection was really horrible that day. So I went to my parents where their connection was faster, and finally got it. Had to go through iTunes to download for both. It is actually faster that way if you are wired into the modem and not trying to do so over wifi.

I am loving the new features.

I read at gizmodo.com not to download IOS8 on Iphone 4s and older Ipads, it seems to be heavier and creates problems for older Apple products, I own both an Ipad 2 and Iphone 4s, they are both working fine so far without IOS8, so I am waiting for others to install it and see their reviews.

A procedure to restore to iOS7 just appeared today online: http://www.macworld.com/article/2687162/how-to-downgrade.html%C2'> It does not appear to be simple, for the reasons stated in the article. Other than that, you would have to do a factory restore, which will obliterate your apps, unless you had an iOS7 backup through iTunes or some 3rd-party software tool.

This just out.

Apple confirmed Wednesday it pulled its iOS 8.0.1 update amid widespread reports of major issues with the software, including users unable to access cell service or the TouchID fingerprint sensor.

I think I just fixed my iPad 2 with IOS 8

When I downloaded iOS 8 my iPad 2 slowed to a crawl and a lot of my App's didn't have icon or photo. I also found that I could not attach photos to forums.

I read on Apple support, a possible fix is to go to settings, general then to reset all settings.

I did this and most everything starting working., but, I still couldn't attach photos.

With a lot of hesitations, I installed 8.02 that came out today.

It's looks like everything now works

Archived