Chapala.com Webboard

Here is a discription of the updated ADUANA rules for importation of vehicles.

AlanMexicali

Well, this is going to be fun...... Was it grandfathered?

I would imagine it is an updated rule and starts as soon are they open again.

It appears it never was a rule to have your small personal vehicles "exported" from the USA before.

I know they required industrial machinery, large farm equipment, heavy equipment and large trucks, etc. to be "exported" before being imported before now.

I would imagine it is an updated rule and starts as soon are they open again.

It appears it never was a rule to have your small personal vehicles "exported" from the USA before.

I know they required industrial machinery, large farm equipment, heavy equipment and large trucks, etc. to be "exported" before being imported before now

Up until now, Mexico didn't require verification of the US Customs inspection for export. It has been required by the US for years to properly and legally export a vehicle permanently.

I am told as recent as 30 minutes ago I can continue nationalizing virtually. I am also told this does not apply to all brokers and processes. When I know more I will post. This is from the person who communicates with senior Aduana staff almost daily.

Up until now, Mexico didn't require verification of the US Customs inspection for export. It has been required by the US for years to properly and legally export a vehicle permanently.

Cooper, tell me again where you live, please. I somehow missed it. And, how long have you been at Lakeside? TIA. BTW, is your Mexican wife from Guad?

Thanks for the update. Although this says new rules for export at Mexicali, it is probably likely that it will apply everywhere. Based on what Cooper and Snowyco provided previously, this doesn't surprise me.

I don't quite understand what they are saying towards the bottom in the sentence staring with, "Con la nueva disposicion....

It seems to read that in addition to the U.S. Customs export seal on the title, some sort of factura will be required. Since they don't use facturas in the U.S. would this be a requirement for a bill of sale?

Thanks for the update. Although this says new rules for export at Mexicali, it is probably likely that it will apply everywhere. Based on what Cooper and Snowyco provided previously, this doesn't surprise me.

I don't quite understand what they are saying towards the bottom in the sentence staring with, "Con la nueva disposicion....

It seems to read that in addition to the U.S. Customs export seal on the title, some sort of factura will be required. Since they don't use facturas in the U.S. would this be a requirement for a bill of sale?

I think it is a receipt from American Customs they are talking about that you get when exporting a vehicle. This way people cannot simply make a look a like US Customs stamp and stamp the title.

Notice; No mention of exporting Canadian vehicles.

A FaceBook page of one Custom Broker is saying no cars older than 10 years after Jan 1, 2015 and also no more amparos on permanently importing cars after Jan 1.

He also says that the rules are being enforced at Mexicali and Nogales crossings now, so there is a crowd of 1,000's of cars trying to get processed at Juarez.

Notice; No mention of exporting Canadian vehicles.

To my knowledge, Canadian Customs does not have a "process" for either private individuals or "commercial entities" to export a vehicle out of Canada to another country. Not something that is widely done due to the higher costs of vehicles in Canada than in the US. It will be interesting to see if any Canadian registered vehicles can be imported into Mexico under these new rules - might not be economically feasible to even try to deal with it.

We bought our Jalisco plated car in 1007 and it solved a lot of problems. Unfortunately, we must now return to the USA, with our J-car, and will have to sell our 2007 Jalisco plated Smart car. We have long recommended the purchase of a vehicle in Mexico, as it solves so many problems and is so simple to do. There are also no hassles, fees, or deposits at the border and you can come and go at will.

If that would solve someone‘s problem, send me a PM.

Why do you ask?

Is it a secret? Just thought maybe my mexican wife migfht know yours and we could get together sometime. We live in Chapala, but travel other local places. Is there something wrong with asking the area where you live? I did not ask for your street or house #.

Is it a secret? Just thought maybe my mexican wife migfht know yours and we could get together sometime. We live in Chapala, but travel other local places. Is there something wrong with asking the area where you live? I did not ask for your street or house #.

Sorry, with all the sarcastic remarks to some of my posts, I might have been a little on the defensive. My wife isn't from Guadalajara. We have a home there but spend most of our time lately at the coast.

This issue could affect alot of people but it is too early to tell. Only about 5% of the titles I have seen were stamped export. I hope to study the issue, the law and talk to US customs as well as customs brokers to see what liability people could have and what options are available. I do not know if liability will be imputed to the owner for errors of the customs broker, few seem to take responsibility for their actions if something big happens.

In the end we may have to resort to lobbying members of congress to exempt the owners from liability as many people should not be held responsible for the actions of others and it is not realistic to ask people to take their cars to the border years after nationalizing assuming they were in good health to do so, their car was as well and they had the financial resources to make the trip.

Stay tuned and please, any updates are appreciated.

Cooper, et tu brute ^_^ we all have bad days and sometimes post in haste.

I just talked with the person responsible for nationalizing cars throughout Mexico through UCD.

Aduana has been closed for a month for nationalizing cars virtually. They have started again.

Yesterday the head of UCD, a very powerful organization met with SAT in Mexico City. I can nationalize NAFTA cars, RV's, trailers, motorcycles as long as I start before October 15, 2014. All cars in the program by then will be nationalized with no trip to the border.

Soon I will be nationalizing non-NAFTA cars through UCD and the state of Sonora.

Sonia

PS I posted this here as people asked about what happens to cars being processed virtually in the same way Spencer answers questions or people promote Oscar etc.

I have 2 titles for my car. One NOB and one MX.

I thought when it got nationalized, they would take the NOB title but it came back with the paperwork.

It is my understanding from the State of Georgia that if I move back, I have 6 months to get Georgia plates.

I wonder what this will do to permanent people that move back NOB

Nationalized cars only have one title, the foreign one, the factura doesnt really matter.

If we are talking about a vehicle that was originally purchased outside Mexico why are we talking about a factura? How many people have a bill of sale for a car they bought NOB. None of the 3 vehicles I nationalized had a factura from the US. They were purchased from private individuals. And I wasn't asked for them at any stage of the legalization process here.

Archived