Chapala.com Webboard

Premarin

texmextwo

I have a couple of questions. Do the pharmacies in the Lake Chapala area carry estrace cream? If so, does anyone know how much it costs? Does the premarin cream that one can buy there have a long shelf life? Is Luvena sold there in the pharmacies or perhaps at Walmart? It is sold over the counter in the states at Walgreen or Walmart. It is a product that balances ph and moisturizes. Then can be used in between premarin cream use , reducing

how often premarin is needed. It wards off infections due to ph support. Thank you for any answers that you can provide.

I have a couple of questions. Do the pharmacies in the Lake Chapala area carry estrace cream? If so, does anyone know how much it costs? Does the premarin cream that one can buy there have a long shelf life? Is Luvena sold there in the pharmacies or perhaps at Walmart? It is sold over the counter in the states at Walgreen or Walmart. It is a product that balances ph and moisturizes. Then can be used in between premarin cream use , reducing

how often premarin is needed. It wards off infections due to ph support. Thank you for any answers that you can provide.

Patty - I sent you a PM

He means the pharmacy, whose name is Farmacia Similares. Other farmacias will have it also, if you ask for Premarin generico.

There is NO Premarin generico!!! I have found that conjugated estrogen doesn't work as well. I was on bio-identical HRT in the States and brought my "combination" prescription with me. I know Dr. Arch, in Guad., can provide bio-identicals.

According to the entry in Wikipedia, under 'Controversy': "Animal welfare groups claim that animal husbandry and urine collection methods used in Premarin's production cause undue stress and suffering to the mares involved. Allegations of abuse range from concern over stall size, access to water, exercise, cruel treatment, collection system, continuous breeding cycles, and premature death."

They failed to mention the 'byproduct' of the Premarin industry: the untold thousands of foals born to the mares which had to be kept in a constant state of pregnancy to produce the hormones in their urine. There was no market for the never-ending stream of foals of mixed breeding, and they were shipped to slaughter by the truckload, swept under the rug by the corporation making enormous multi-million dollar profits, and conveniently ignored by the product users. Thankfully, fears of cancer put an end to the worst of the PMU farms that had sprung up all over North America. Profits before ethics.

i remember a california ballot measure in the 1990's that was about allowing the sales of horse meat in the state. i spoke with my female gynacologist about my theory about using those foals used in premarin production--65,000 a year --and their brokendown mares as an additional source of revenue. she was shoked, but on a subsiquent visit told me that she had discussed it with her fellow doctors, and i was probably right. couldn't imagin that there was a sudden outcry and petition for legalizing horsemeat sales. luckily, it was defeated....

here in mexico we can get dioscorea, mexican wild yam.sometimes they call it camote de cerro, mountain yam. you've probably seen it for sale on the street, it's a tan skinned white tuber . they make an extract that is dhea which is a precursor of all hormones both mens and womens. ...

I was told by a Mexican doctor that it was fine to substitute generics for the brand-name drugs but NOT to use those from Farmacia Similares, that they were very poor quality.

The majority of medicines sold at Farmacia Similares are not manufactured by FS and are sold by many other pharmacies so I don't know why a doctor would say medicines at FS are inferior. The laboratory that manufactures several hundred types of drugs also supplies IMSS. Is your doctor saying all generics sold by most pharmacies are bad?

http://www.cinvestav.mx/Portals/0/SiteDocs/Sec_Difusion/RevistaCinvestav/enero-marzo2006/9%20generic.pdf

The owner of Farmacias Similares, Víctor González Torres, is among other things the great grandson of the founder of Laboratorios Best, a company that was established in the 1950s to manufacture generics for sale to the Instituto Mexicano de Seguro Social (IMSS) and the other public sector health services.2 In fact, from the 1950s until very recently, the public sector was the lifeblood of the small generics industry in Mexico, which currently consists of approximately 50 small- to medium-sized companies. After González Torres took over leadership of Laboratorios Best, he started his own transport and packaging companies for Best products. In 1997, he announced the opening of the first branch of his Farmacias Similares — a chain that would sell only copied drugs. It was a novel commercial strategy; at that time, the vast majority of drugs on sale in private pharmacies were patented, name-brand medications, and in fact 90% of the value of the Mexican pharmaceutical market was generated by the sale of brand-name medicines.
Some of the drugs sold by Similares are manufactured by Laboratorios Best, which, like other generics companies, purchases active substances from suppliers (domestic and foreign) and assembles and packages the drugs in their own factories, adding their own brand-name (for example, “Bestafen” is Best’s brand of ibuprofen).

• 4 years later...