Chapala.com Webboard

Premarin

texmextwo

PREMARIN-Crema - Galenox

http://galenox.com/farmacos/productos/18395.php

"PREMARIN* Crema vaginal está indicada en el tratamiento de atrofia vulvar vaginal craurosis vulvar. FARMACOCINETICA ..... Su venta requiere receta médica.

‎DENOMINACION GENERICA - ‎FORMA FARMACEUTICA Y FORMULACION"

"Su venta requiere receta médica." = It´s sale requires a prescription.

Same name down here. Costs about $700.00 pesos.

Just call it Premarin and the pharmacy will know what you are talking about; specify pills or crema. Should be around 450 pesos for 42 pills in a package. Why 42 instead of 30, I'll never know. I've been taking Premarin for 40 years and there has been no generic as Pfizer has changed the formulation just enough over the years to keep the price up. Just by chance, yesterday I checked the price in the US and it has risen to over $100US for 42 pills. What a rip!!!! Primogyn is NOT a generic for Premarin.

You can get bio-identical progesterone and estrogen topical gels here, imported from France. I found them to be quite effective and it's easier to tweak the dose with a gel than a pill.

I did a lot of research on hormone replacement about 20 years ago. Premarin is one of the cancer causing hormone drugs. It's name comes from PREgnant MARe's urIN. That's right - pregnant mare's urine. The mares are bred in horrible conditions, and kept nearly constantly pregnant so they will excrete certain hormones in their urine. 17 horse hormones are used in this drug, along with an artificial molecule of something to make the formula unique and patentable. Is this really what you want to put in to your body?

Progestin is an artificial version of progesterone which is the actual human hormone and is not expensive. The Big Pharma companies hype their products for profit while the bio-identical hormones are actually quite inexpensive. Big Pharma can't make a Big Profit off of them because natural human hormones are not patentable. Good luck!

I'd find a good, alternative doctor here to help you with this!

• Thanks 1

PREMARIN-Crema - Galenox

http://galenox.com/farmacos/productos/18395.php

"PREMARIN* Crema vaginal está indicada en el tratamiento de atrofia vulvar vaginal craurosis vulvar. FARMACOCINETICA ..... Su venta requiere receta médica.

‎DENOMINACION GENERICA - ‎FORMA FARMACEUTICA Y FORMULACION"

"Su venta requiere receta médica." = It´s sale requires a prescription.

Same name down here. Costs about $700.00 pesos.

Most drugs in Mexico have the caveat that their sale requires a prescription. However, as far as I know the only drugs that actually DO require a prescription are antibiotics and controlled substances, including many psychotropic medicines.

• 5 months later...

Which pharmacy is your source for bio-identical estrogen(and progesterone)?

Which brand / do you ask that source for? (I would like exact information, and what it says on package (eg mg, manufacturer etc)

Which physicians are fully informed of their use?

Did you take the bio-identical progesterone and estrogen together?

Thank you! ( Information from all welcome. )

You can get bio-identical progesterone and estrogen topical gels here, imported from France. I found them to be quite effective and it's easier to tweak the dose with a gel than a pill.

I did a lot of research on hormone replacement about 20 years ago. Premarin is one of the cancer causing hormone drugs. It's name comes from PREgnant MARe's urIN. That's right - pregnant mare's urine. The mares are bred in horrible conditions, and kept nearly constantly pregnant so they will excrete certain hormones in their urine. 17 horse hormones are used in this drug, along with an artificial molecule of something to make the formula unique and patentable. Is this really what you want to put in to your body?

Progestin is an artificial version of progesterone which is the actual human hormone and is not expensive. The Big Pharma companies hype their products for profit while the bio-identical hormones are actually quite inexpensive. Big Pharma can't make a Big Profit off of them because natural human hormones are not patentable. Good luck!

• Thanks 1

cheapest at the west most Similaries in Ajijic. They may have to order it and get in a couple of days.

What do you mean at the west? Are you saying there is a specific place here that has bio-identicals (verses Premarin)?

Similaries = Pharmacies? I am not familiar with that term Similaries.

Thanks for your input!

Thank you RV, and I do realize that Prmarin is available lakeside.

I am wondering though, where to purchase Bio-identicals (not premarin)

and that includes progesterone.

I was taking bio-identicals in the states, some time back.

Thanks for your help.

He means the pharmacy, whose name is Farmacia Similares. Other farmacias will have it also, if you ask for Premarin generico.

Hi Lakeside7,

I had so many tests done in the states, and also saliva tests. I am aware of their value.

I was on bio-identicals, and will most likely have a panel done just to track my levels.

Right now I would like to find the bio-identicals and do a minimal dose (as that was what

served me best when in the states).

Do you have recommendations for any physicians who are well versed in using bio-identicals?

Thanks for your help!

Why not a visit to a local doctor or IMSS or SP and establish correct meds needed?

I hear that the Medical Group in The Pemex/Libramiento Shopping Center have a Gynecologist on staff

"""""But according to the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), there have been no large long-term clinical trials that have studied their safety and effectiveness. ACOG believes that compounded bio-identical hormones should be considered to carry the same risks as FDA-approved drugs, such as those uncovered in the WHI study, and possibly even more."""

According to the entry in Wikipedia, under 'Controversy': "Animal welfare groups claim that animal husbandry and urine collection methods used in Premarin's production cause undue stress and suffering to the mares involved. Allegations of abuse range from concern over stall size, access to water, exercise, cruel treatment, collection system, continuous breeding cycles, and premature death."

They failed to mention the 'byproduct' of the Premarin industry: the untold thousands of foals born to the mares which had to be kept in a constant state of pregnancy to produce the hormones in their urine. There was no market for the never-ending stream of foals of mixed breeding, and they were shipped to slaughter by the truckload, swept under the rug by the corporation making enormous multi-million dollar profits, and conveniently ignored by the product users. Thankfully, fears of cancer put an end to the worst of the PMU farms that had sprung up all over North America. Profits before ethics.

• Like 1

Lakeside7,

Thanks for your help!

I am a fan of Dr. John Lee's work (several books out about bio-identicals) and the differences between different treatment for HRT. I do appreciate your side note though, so thank you. Physicians typically reach for RX/Pharm, and indeed they attempted that with me prior to any symptoms. If I had not questioned and researched, then I would have placed myself in a situation of being on unopposed estrogen, which Dr Lee believed created a strong risk for breast cancer and reproductive cancers. So, if viewing it that way, indeed there is a greater risk if one were to simply take estrogen replacement therapy alone.

Lowest dose possible was always the rule, and so much easier to adjust using the creams. Even Dr Lee acknowledges (for he recommends progesterone, not estrogen) that certain symptoms (not mentioned here lol) are clear signs of estrogen deficiency.

So I am going to use just enough to balance out my levels, while reviewing results (panels/levels) with a physician and/or labs.

I would recommend Dr John Lee's books to anyone, in fact they are yet another item that was left NOB, and will have to be reordered via ebay! I truly thought I was past the menopause blitz, lol, but ahhhh life has surprises!

I hear that the Medical Group in The Pemex/Libramiento Shopping Center have a Gynecologist on staff

"""""But according to the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), there have been no large long-term clinical trials that have studied their safety and effectiveness. ACOG believes that compounded bio-identical hormones should be considered to carry the same risks as FDA-approved drugs, such as those uncovered in the WHI study, and possibly even more."""

• Like 1

You can never research something too much in regard to something as potentially hazardous as medication. That research also applies to the many herbal treatments which are out there. That said; For those interested in this subject and/or, Dr John Lee's work and opinion on estrogen/progesterone, you may find this to be of interest:

Bioidentical Estrogen - How Much and When by Dr John Lee

A little goes a long, long way.

By John R. Lee, M.D.

I get many questions about what dose of estrogen to use. My favorite answer is, “the lowest dose possible that will relieve symptoms,” but I understand that you need more specific information.

Keep in mind that the information I’m giving you here is a starting point. From here you want to track your symptoms and saliva hormone levels, until you find the optimal dose. Be aware that your optimal dose could change. As you age, if you gain or lose weight, substantially change your diet or start taking other hormones or medications, your need for estrogen can increase or decrease.

There are three major estrogens made by humans: estrone, estradiol and estriol. Estriol has great benefit to the cells of the vagina, but has little effect on breasts or bone. The good news about that is that it doesn’t seem to promote breast cancer, and may even be protective against it. The bad news is that it doesn’t help retain bone. However, if a woman has vaginal dryness and/or vaginal cell atrophy, estriol is the best estrogen to use. The recommended dose is just 0.5 mg twice weekly in a cream, applied vaginally... (for complete article go to link: http://www.virginiahopkinstestkits.com/bioidenticalestrogen.html )

Hello MtnMama,

Good to know and thanks for the notation on the alternative pharmacia.

I was on bio-identicals NOB recommended by my physician when I did a little research and said no more horse urine. Portimom, I haven't been to them but have heard good things about the clinic and alternative pharmacia across from SuperLake.